Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Some Challenge Mod

This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.
Out of curiosity, how do you plan to balance the cars? I fully approve of the idea and it sounds awesome, considering SHAR has a bunch of cars that are completely useless to the player (I'm looking at you, Duff Truck), and usually the player's default car is all they need to get through the main missions, but editing the con files can be a bit tricky if that's what you plan on doing. Are you also planning on yanking cars from the rewards.mfk script?

Either way I fully support this mod. No story means you can be infinitely creative with the challenges and a couple of them look pretty awesome, especially riding on Wiggum's car to collect those Buzz Cola cans (I had a similar idea for a Ralph challenge in Donut Mod, but it seems you've beaten me to the punch!). Others like Homer following the Nuclear Waste Truck in his Mr. Plow car also look pretty devilish.
Every vehicle's stats will be altered somehow so that they are either useful, useless, or somewhere in the middle depending on the situation. Some vehicles will have just small changes, while others get a big change, some of which include ones that are already balanced. You might be thinking "Why 'balance' vehicles that already have satisfactory qualities?" The idea is to make sure there is a good number of different types of vehicles.

Here are some examples on vehicles with balanced stats (they are still prone to future changes).

Format
VEHICLE = SPEED, ACCELERATION, TOUGHNESS, HANDLING

Family Sedan = 3, 3, 3, 3
Honor Roller = 2.5, 3.5, 1.5, 4
Malibu Stacy Car = 3.5, 3.5, 1, 3.5
Ferrini - Red = 4, 4, 1.5, 2
Electaurus = 4.5, 4, 0.5, 3.5
Plow King = 1, 1.5, 5, 3
School Bus = 3, 2, 4.5, 1
Car Built For Homer = 4, 3, 4, 1

The trick to balancing is to make sure the stars from the phone booth add up to 10 to 12. The reason why some of the vehicles' sum of stars don't add up to the same number is because those stars aren't 100% accurate. If the Plow King had a bigger buff so that the sum of the stars equal 12, it would become overpowered, and people will then rely on that one vehicle for completing challenges.
Oh man , the Electaurus (best car in the game ever) ,yeah ! :v
i suggest to maybe to low one of the stats of the Electaurus , i dont think that Low Toughness seems accurate for that Car (i think you should low handling)
only thing that i found weird was the Family Sedan > Honor Roller and Stacy Malibu Car , but yeah , seems good and accurate
Would you release it after all Levels (in modding) are finished , or would you make a pack?
example , Pack 1 : Level 1 and Level 2 , Pack 2 : Level 3 . etc
Ah, well you see, some of these vehicles are going to be forced in some challenges/missions. I'm giving some of these vehicles a ridiculously low stat so one of my challenges will include an actual challenge.

I've answered that question before, and I'm still not sure. I haven't finished doing the collector card placements, street races, bonus mission, custom music adjusting, and difficulty changes for either level. My only concern is the difficulty, and I've only made the challenges for the hardest difficulty.

EDIT!
I made a poll regarding my mod. Check this out!
I think it would be cooler to change it to a new character, like Grampa. I voted Yes, though, because Lisa again would still be a nicer change than it just being Apu.
@Somebot I have some ideas of challenges and vehicle stats i would like to inform you of! If you would want me to :)

Neat idea!
Just made a new update on the main post, but for those who are too lazy to go back to the first page after finding out about this just now, here's the whole thing that was added:

I've actually decided that this mod WILL have some kind of story (but I'm not spoiling it), but the mod focuses more on the gameplay elements. Most of the challenges won't have anything to do with the story at all as it limits the challenges I can make. What's the point of calling this "Some Challenge Mod" if the whole point for playing this mod is for the plot?

Oh and @Victorio, I prefer to add my own ideas to my mod.
This looks sick! I can't wait for more updates on it, and I'm more than excited to play it.
@SomeBot, I have commented on your trailer that it was lookin' AWESOME!!