Forum Mod Bakery Docs

[Archived] Donut Mod 4: General Information

Posted in Donut Mod
This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.
yes i hope
Ok, so this drama about a long-awaited mod is making no sense so far. Why so much drama? I'm looking at Donut Team's work and it's really not something that can be thrown out to everyone. So can't you stop asking? It's coming out on August.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Honestly, I just wish we would get more frequent status updates about the mod, I don't mind all the waiting and since it's coming soon in August, I don't think there's the need to keep asking when's the mod coming but I just wish the last few months had some more updates regarding the status of the mod. But I guess this was done to have a bigger surprise when the mod releases, if they revealed more about the mod then the mod would have lost a bit of its charm.

Oh well, right now we can just wait and surely the waiting will be worth. I'm looking forward to see what new things Donut Mod 4 will bring to us!
ya me too
The reason we don't have more frequent status updates is everything is changing. Everything you've seen so far is not what the mod looks like at all anymore.

I can tell you this:
  • There's 2-3 areas of the map that are fully fleshed out with the rest of them being a bit more primitive. This changes day by day, an area can be complete in a day or two. Or it can take weeks (depends on the complexity)
  • The trailer is not out yet because when we started working on it, we decided we wanted to redo several sections of the map to be more consistent and feel more in line with the original maps. We're planning on releasing the trailer soon, not sure which date but this Thursday
  • Our goal is to release in August, but we'll be finalising the date soon. It's difficult to say when because we're all trying to balance our jobs, development and a bunch of other things such as family, friends and other stuff. I have a vacation coming up on the 22nd of August for example.
  • Mission planning for all levels is complete
  • Missions for Levels 1-3 are mostly complete, I think there's some finetuning.
  • We're fine tuning some new cars right now, one of them drove HORRIBLY until recently and we may have fixed it.
  • We're discovering issues that Radical created that weren't very visible without custom maps.

Plan is to release in August, but if necessary we'll push it back. It's coming when it's ready. We're trying to make sure we do this right because this is a huge undertaking.
ya i can wait to update yes
hi i was just wondering is donut mod 4 done
Everyone please stop asking if Donut Mod 4 is done. Just be patient for the mod like the rest of us are. For the team that is working on the mod' keep up the good work guys! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Yeah, and they said there will be a status update very soon.....let's hope
This post has been removed.
5 yrs ago (Statistics)