Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Create a mission without experience

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi everyone, I'd really like to (try to) create a mod of SHAR, but I do not know how I should start. I mean there are some tutorials here and I tried to follow them, but I managed to do just a few easy things. I'd really like to create some missions, but I don't know what to do.
So, I'd like to ask you, can you show me an easy tutorial that teaches how to create any kind of mission? maybe at first just a simple "Go to a place in time", and maybe I'll learn more by myself later. :) ^^
I'm a huge fan of this game and of all the mods that I found, but I'd like to create my own :D
I just hope it isn't just me the only one who is in "trouble" from the beginning ^^"
Thanks for your time and for your attention :D
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
For the beggining you should peek into the game's files (p3d, con, mfk, and etcetera) to understand how does the game works
Then, you can revisit some tutorials in a special board
And if you'll have some problems with modding, feel free to ask, someone's definetely going to help you ;)
(I also can recommend you to join DT's Discord server in order to receive help with modding in real time)

I hope I helped, good luck!

(Fun fact: Most of the community had troubles with Custom Missions in the beggining of their "modding career", even I wasn't able to make a simple goto stage without crashes back in 2015...)
Thank you very much :D You've been very useful ^^
I started to do something today and I already learned so much (Well it's not SO much, but it's a lot compared to what I was able to do before :p) ^^
The only thing is that I still don't understand where the "con" files are, and what they are :3
.con files control how vehicles handle. They contain data on the vehicle's speed, turning, and a bunch of other complicated crap I don't understand.
They're located in "scripts\cars"
Thank you very much for helping me out :D
No problem!