Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Need help game launching but immediatly crashing

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
So it used to work on this pc, however i have gotten a new GPU and possibly CPU since i last played it, what happens is that I use the launcher to launch and then the window will appear but then will instanly say not responding, acompanied by a black screen and then i have to end the task in task manager as nothing happens after that
k, so i dunno what I was thinking when I posted this but I was tired so my brain jumped a bit.. if you did these things please undo them...
There's a few issues with your response Vortex Lord.

For one, you would want to use Windows XP compatibility mode if you were running the game standalone without the Mod Launcher.

Though as he is using the Mod Launcher, the compatibility mode setting is entirely ignored by default so doing that would result in no change.

Lastly, the stuff you said about Windows having to reactivate parts is not only irrelevant but I'm reasonably sure it's outright false information. Though maybe you meant installing new drivers for the new parts which would make sense but as is, what you said doesn't sound like it means anything to me.

---

As for your initial post Wiksaz, could you tell me if the game works without the Mod Launcher? With or without compatibility mode, just if it works at all and gets farther than what your describing.

If it does, one suggestion I have is making the game and the Mod Launcher use Windows XP compatibility mode then going into the Mod Launcher's advanced settings and disabling "Ignore Compatibility Layers".

I'm not 100% certain this advice is likely to help but I'm currently on my way to work and Lucas is unavailable so I haven't ran this by him to know either way. If this doesn't work for you, please undo the changes and let us know on this thread.
No it does not work without the launcher either, i have tried using compatibility but to no success