Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The FAMILY Sedan and the Driving School Bus

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Alright, these are more of a silly couple of mods but they've been bouncing around in my head for a while and I only just noticed that you can make mod requests.

Basically, the idea is to take the Simpsons family (Homer, Marge, Bart and Lisa) and chuck 'em all into the Family Sedan. The standard layout would have Homer in the driver's seat, Marge in the front passenger seat and the kids in the back seats (either side works), with Homer replacing the passengers respective to the levels in which that character is playable (i.e. Homer would replace Bart in Level 2, Lisa in Level 3, etc.)

This Mod could come in 4 different variations:
  • Standard: Same layout as listed above.
  • SHAR Family: Identical as before, but with Apu taking up the middle seat (would only technically work outside the standard campaign, but oh well).
  • Complete Family: Identical as before, but with Maggie (from the Maggie character mod) taking up the middle seat.
  • Standard (+ Grampa): Identical as before, but with Grampa taking up the middle seat.

Finally, the Driving School Bus takes the above concept and applies it to the School Bus, incorporating a number of characters into a single vehicle for maximum annoyance by dialogue. The pool of characters which are randomized to show up in the vehicles 10 seats include:
  • Homer
  • Marge
  • Bart
  • Lisa
  • Apu
  • Grampa
  • Otto`
  • Comic Book Guy
  • Skinner
  • Agnes`
  • Frink
  • Cletus
  • Smithers
  • Snake
  • Wiggum
  • Moe*
  • Kearney*
  • Krusty*
  • Lenny*
  • Carl*
  • Gil*
  • Willie*
  • Jimbo*
  • Sea Captain*
  • Ned*
  • Louie*
  • Milhouse*
  • Burns*
  • Burns*
  • Gil*
  • Hans Moleman*
  • Jasper*
  • Ralph*
  • Nelson*
  • Dolph*
  • Anyone else I may have missed*
(Characters with a * might require additional modded dialogue to be worth inclusion. Characters with a ` have additional notes)
Speaking of which: Additional notes:
  • If Otto appears, he'll always be driving the vehicle.
  • Agnes will only appear if Skinner appears (i.e. No Skinner, No Agnes. Yes Skinner, Maybe Agnes).
  • If possible, this mod could be made to support modded characters, including Fat Tony, Maggie, Chalmers, Sideshow Bob, etc.
Well, there are my stupid mod ideas designed to annoy people.
I could see this being funny, but unfortunately the only way to make this work would be to use ASF's AddDriver command...which doesn't include dialog. The only workaround would be to make Homer or someone have dialog for everyone, but then it wouldn't play as frequently because it would just play whenever Homer needs to talk.
Seems like a cool/unique idea, but there's a problem that comes to mind. If there is a character in a vehicle (ex. Marge in the Family Sedan), and, say you're in Level 1, Mission 1, and go to talk to Marge to start the mission... oops... that's where it becomes a bit awkward. Marge is walking around outside the house, and is in the Family Sedan. Problem: Mission characters or pedestrians can be duplicated.

Radical gets around this in vehicles where there's a character which drives the car for you (ex. Professor Frink in the Hover Car), the driver is suppressed using:
SuppressDriver([Character name]);

So, I guess that's another thing to consider.
Darn. Guess I'll have to wait until the command supports dialogue.

I'm aware of Suppressed Drivers. I just thought this would be the sort of mod to bend those rules and be exempt from having its drivers/passengers suppressed.