Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Hover bikes with visible "wheels" and other problems

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I created 2 custom vehicles that are just an exact replica of the Hover Bike (no texture changes or anything), and I managed to get them working. The problem is that the "wheels" that are normally invisible are either...

1. Textured with textures the Hover Bike's body mesh uses
2. Completely black
3. Not visible like I wanted it to be, but somehow overlap anything it blocks with the level's world meshes (for example, when the wheel is blocking the camera from looking at a certain part of the bike, it looks as if parts of the background that was normally blocked by the bike is shown literally inside the bike)

So how do I make it so that the wheels are invisible and that when it's in front of object, parts of that object doesn't "disappear"?

Delete the wShape1 chunks found here in your copy of the car.

The game is hardcoded to hide these for the vehicle hbike_v and a couple other cars like the Witch broom and the Hover car. This obviously doesn't affect custom cars.
Say, I've always wondered what those were supposed to be. Thanks. But how about removing the skid marks when using the E-brake? I've seen it done on the Wasp Bike in Donut Mod (I think).
Assuming you're already using CustomCarSupport (you should be if you have any custom vehicles) you can add this to the section for the car:

NoSkidMarks=0