Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Can't launch game at all, even with mod launcher

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I have an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31270 Processor and an Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 graphics card and I'm running Windows 10, I'm able to run so many things but every single time I've tried to launch this game it won't even make it past a black screen. I've installed it in 4 different ways, I tried the 3 ISOs method, the download on the Hit and Run subreddit, a Repack, and a download off Internet Archive, and I've tried just about every fix I could find online from enabling DirectPlay to installing RAD Video Tools to using NoCD, and just nothing works. I can't get the game to launch on it's own or with the mod launcher. Asked the Discord, was told to put DirectInputAcquireTest in the DLL folder, didn't work either. Couldn't even find anything in the mod launcher to indicate I did anything. I'm genuinely not sure if my PC is just incapable of running this game or if I've missed some massive step. I've followed so many instructions, to ones on myabandonware, to comments on the subreddit, like 2 different Youtube tutorials. Nothing. Please tell me if I'm missing something.
Hey there, your PC seems to meet the minimum requirements for this 20 year old game, so it shouldn't be the cause of your issues.

The black screen still sounds like the DIrectInput issue that plagues most Windows 10/11 installs nowadays, can you please check you followed the steps exactly: donutteam.com/blog/post/an-important-announcement-regarding-lucas-simpsons-hit-run-mod-launcher-v-1-26-1
Especially note the hack should go in the Hacks folder, not the DLL folder, and it should appear in the 'Unreleased' tab, where you have to enable it.

If you've done these steps and enabled it and still get the issue, can you try to use the 'Console and Logs' hack in the 'Developer' tab, check everything and share the log file? It might help
> Especially note the hack should go in the Hacks folder, not the DLL folder, and it should appear in the 'Unreleased' tab, where you have to enable it.

I don't have a Hacks folder in the mod launcher. I downloaded the latest version and all there was is the launcher, a config file, the mods folder, and the DLL folder. I was told on the discord that the DLL folder is the hacks folder and it was just renamed
Try to make a folder named Hacks and put it in there (it can also go in 'Documents\My Games\Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher\Hacks')
Do you see it in the mod launcher?
Yeah that's blatantly wrong information. The DLLs and Hacks folders are separate, and to use the fix Appel mentioned you just need to create the Hacks directory if it doesn't already exist.

Thanks,
Josh

Edit: Damn, sniped by Appel