Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Hell Inspector's Mod of Stupidity (Ver 1.1)

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Was curious about this mod's progress since the initial trailer drop from 4 months ago. Looks really darn good in the presentation department! The FMVs that the mod adds are really well done in terms of character expressions to communicate what the characters are feeling. The sentence mixing or using audio clips from pre-existing sources are commonplace in works such as GMod/SFM animations, but I think still think deserve recognition for the choices being well-fitting.

The map edits all look pretty subtle, but seem to add a lot of interesting little maneuvering options that the original Evergreen Terrace map lacked. It's nice to see some spice added to that map again!

I'm also super interested in the 'Captain Toad'-esque mission shared in the trailer. Being familiar with the source material, I noticed Captain Toad never jumped in the footage shown. I assume that's a little interesting 'no jumping challenge' ala that mod ObsoleteQuality made a little while back that uses AdditionalScriptFunctionality to fail the player for trying to jump? I don't believe I've ever seen a platforming section in a mod like this before that's specifically tailored around the player not being able to jump (assuming that's the case here).

Looks good and I'm glad to see the original post being updated with playthroughs of the individual missions! Will try to give this a shot when it drops and I have the time to do a 100% playthrough!
Was curious about this mod's progress since the initial trailer drop from 4 months ago. Looks really darn good in the presentation department! The FMVs that the mod adds are really well done in terms of character expressions to communicate what the characters are feeling. The sentence mixing or using audio clips from pre-existing sources are commonplace in works such as GMod/SFM animations, but I think still think deserve recognition for the choices being well-fitting.

The map edits all look pretty subtle, but seem to add a lot of interesting little maneuvering options that the original Evergreen Terrace map lacked. It's nice to see some spice added to that map again!

I'm also super interested in the 'Captain Toad'-esque mission shared in the trailer. Being familiar with the source material, I noticed Captain Toad never jumped in the footage shown. I assume that's a little interesting 'no jumping challenge' ala that mod ObsoleteQuality made a little while back that uses AdditionalScriptFunctionality to fail the player for trying to jump? I don't believe I've ever seen a platforming section in a mod like this before that's specifically tailored around the player not being able to jump (assuming that's the case here).

Looks good and I'm glad to see the original post being updated with playthroughs of the individual missions! Will try to give this a shot when it drops and I have the time to do a 100% playthrough!

Glad to see you're excited, and after working on it for awhile I can definitely say that it'll hopefully be kind of worth the wait.
There's actually a few new things that bring some new variety to SHAR missions but I'm not gonna give away too much for now.

For the Captain Toad mission he actually cannot jump/sprint just like the original game. I actually didn't use ASF, I just made it an interior.
For the Captain Toad mission he actually cannot jump/sprint just like the original game. I actually didn't use ASF, I just made it an interior.

Well that's significantly smarter than the way I had envisioned it was accomplished, and it also addresses Captain Toad not having a traditional sprint either! Really looking forward to that if it does get to be shown off early (though I also understand if you wish to keep it a surprise/it's a non-Story Mission).
I've released the video for Mission 6 so there's two more videos left to upload, and since that's almost done I can finally say that the Release Date is November 14th (the day after the Mission 7 Video)
This is gonna be such a mod I will not forget when it comes out! I promise you, it's gonna be such a fun mod when I get to download it at it's release!
i'm Wondering about the Do Nothing Tutorial, but how did You make That?
I really can't wait to play this.
It's Finally Out!

I'm going to enjoy this mod :)
it's official, Hit & run is now a game enine