Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Differences between Donut Mod 1-4?

Posted in Donut Mod
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hey there, I'm wondering if the different versions of Donut Mod are entirely different mods that add to Hit & Run or if for example Donut Mod 4 has all the features and additions of Donut Mod 1-3 and adds even more?
Loren can probably give a better rundown, but here's what I can remember off the top of my head:

• Project Donut (Donut Mod 1) - Was designed to be a harder version of SHAR, with limited changes. I think it only contains 2 levels.
  • Donut Mod 2 - Was an overhaul of the game with new missions and random elements in missions; it was pretty broken and didn't work as well as it should've.
  • Donut Mod 3 - A better version of Donut Mod 2, up to the first 3 levels
  • Donut Mod 4 - Still being developed, currently has first two levels with new areas added, new mission types and overall designed much better.
So I can download Donut Mods 1, 3 and 4 and they wouldn't collide with each other (e.g same missions, assets etc)?
This post has been removed.
3 yrs ago (Statistics)
@Ruan De Jager,

Stop. Spamming.
So I can download Donut Mods 1, 3 and 4 and they wouldn't collide with each other (e.g same missions, assets etc)?
exonymat
Each version of the mod (and the smaller updated versions) are separate Lucas Mod Launcher Mod (LMLM) files that can be loaded in Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher all at once, however only one can be enabled at a time. Each version also has notably different content anyhow so they're all basically unique experiences. Donut Mod 2 isn't publicly available anymore, and Donut Mod 4 has a few public betas out. Project Donut ("Donut Mod 1") and Donut Mod 3 are still available and as complete as they could be.
I'm confused too. I thought I just needed the latest version.
So if I can't enable both in the launcher, which one should I enable for general use? At what point would I swap them over?
You shouldn't, you enable only one of them depending on what you want.

• Project Donut - Level 1 only.
  • Donut Mod 3 - Levels 1, 2 and 3. Level 1 content is different to that of Project Donut's.
  • Donut Mod 4 Level 1 Public Beta - Levels 1 only. Level 1's content is different to that of older Donut Mods.
  • Donut Mod 4 Level 2 Public Beta - It's the Level 1 Public Beta but with Level 2 content which is different to the previous Donut Mods.
Ok cool, I'll just wait for the full campaign version