Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Help with adding a new car.

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
So I have figured out how to add a new car in to SHAR with lucas car re-namer, but I still need help with a few things.

1. How do I give the car sound because at the moment it is completely silent.

2. How do I give it a phone booth icon (I need this one because other wise the game will crash when I select it.

And also if anyone has a all levels unlocked save file could if your able to please put it up for download (I need it for mod testing.)

Update:
I have figured out the phone booth icons, but I still need to know how to give new vehicles sound, and I still need a save file with all levels unlocked (and if possible no extra cars unlocked).
1. You need to edit carsound.spt (I think that's the file, I'll check later) I know there's people who can give you a better tutorial about that, but I just know that's the file you need.
2. I can send you one once I get home.
Thanks ill look for that file and see what I can do.

Edit: I don't seem to be able to find a carsound.spt only a carsound.rcf

Also for the save file please just upload it to mediafire/dropbox then give me the link if that's alright with you. If you can't do that please tell me how you would like to distribute the save to me.
I'll be home in probably in an hour-ish so I can send you the save file. Been at school all day so yeah.

The carsound.rcf is what you're looking for, yeah. Then you need to add either PathRedirections to what file you want to load, or make a new rsd for a new engine (depending on what you want to add to the car). Not exactly sure how the setup is with the folders in carsound.rcf so I can't give you specific instructions, so I'll get back to you once I get home.
The carsound.rcf only has the car sounds it doesn't have anything that directs the sounds to specific cars.
I forgot I had a basically minimal-unlocks file. Here it is. mega.nz/#!qUF10J4A!m-8VXJt6_lI5I13IzJ4lzDTBgNpJ5VgM1MX7bBsGMAs

I think I figured out what you need to do for the car.
-Create a folder named sound then a scripts folder within that, on the root of your CustomFiles folder. You should now have CustomFiles/sound/scripts
-Copy the existing "car_tune.spt" (this is what you need, the carsound.rcf is mostly uninportant) located in the vanilla game sound/scripts folder.
-Place this in the CustomFiles/sound/scripts folder of your mod.
-Open the new car_tune.spt and copy one of the existing car entries.

create carSoundParameters named frink_v
{
SetClipRPM ( 3000.000000 )
SetEngineClipName ( "frink" )
SetEngineIdleClipName ( "frink" )
SetDamagedEngineClipName ( "fire" )
SetHornClipName ( "frink_horn" )
SetReversePitchCapKmh ( 50.000000 )
SetReversePitchRange ( 0.500000 1.280000 )
SetShiftPoint ( 1 0.010000 )
SetShiftPoint ( 2 1.000000 )
SetShiftPoint ( 3 1.000000 )
SetShiftPoint ( 4 1.000000 )
SetShiftPoint ( 5 1.000000 )
SetGearPitchRange ( 1 0.360000 1.690000 )
SetGearPitchRange ( 2 0.900000 1.650000 )
SetGearPitchRange ( 3 0.960000 1.650000 )
SetGearPitchRange ( 4 1.260000 1.560000 )
SetGearPitchRange ( 5 1.460000 1.530000 )
SetIdleEnginePitch ( 0.300000 )
SetGearShiftPitchDrop ( 1 0.470000 )
SetGearShiftPitchDrop ( 2 0.460000 )
SetGearShiftPitchDrop ( 3 0.800000 )
SetGearShiftPitchDrop ( 4 0.800000 )
SetGearShiftPitchDrop ( 5 0.800000 )
SetAttackTimeMsecs ( 59.000000 )
SetDelayTimeMsecs ( 111 )
SetDecayTimeMsecs ( 104.000000 )
SetDecayFinishTrim ( 0.910000 )
SetDownshiftDamperSize ( 0.100000 )
SetRoadSkidClipName ( "frink_skid" )
SetDirtSkidClipName ( "frink_skid" )
This is probably what you want to copy and make a new entry for. Replace "frink_v" in the title with your custom car name.
Then, you can set all of the "SetEngineClipName" and things with ones existing in the game.
I picked Frink's car because I think it has the most customization (such as the custom handbrake sounds) but you can copy any one you want and make it into your car. Once you do this, you should be good to go. So for example, if you wanted to pick Snake's car as it has more accurate ClipNames, you could copy that and then replace anything you need, and the "snake_v" to what your custom car is.

If you want to add custom sounds (which may or may not be possible) then I'm not really sure how you'd do that, though.
I don't see a scripts folder inside my sound folder in the vanilla game? Maybe if your able to upload your car_tune.spt and upload that somewhere.

Edit: Don't worry I found car_tune.spt, however I am not sure where to put the save file you gave to me.
You put the save file on the root of the game folder.

Where did you find car_tune.spt? I realized I was looking at mine that I was sent by someone when they were helping me with my older mod, which was where I mentioned.

Are your other problems solved? Like, were you able to add the sounds to the new car?
Yea all my problems are solved for now. As for where I found car_tune.spt you have to extract it from scripts.rcf with the rcf extractor