Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The Simpsons Hit & Run Plus - Version 1.01 Update

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello, Donut Team community! It's-a me, legomariofanatic!

The Simpsons Hit & Run Plus is a mod that takes the original game's missions and redesigns them to flow better with the overall story of the original game.

The mod takes place on the Connected Map mod (made by Colou). Currently, only Levels 1 and 2 are included in this mod, with future levels coming once the Connected Map mod is updated to include a sunset variant (Levels 3 and 4) and a nighttime variant (Levels 5-7).

Some screenshots of the mod:

Spoiler: Preview Screenshots

CHANGELOG
  • Version 1.01
    • L1M6: removed the time limit from the "Return to the Simpsons' house" objective
    • L1M7: modified Smithers's path so that he doesn't take the gas station shortcut on the rich side of town (this is to prevent Smithers from getting stuck on a wall should he take the shortcut)
    • L1C1: added a new bitmap image
    • L1C2: added a new bitmap image
    • L1C3: added a new bitmap image
    • L2C1: added a new bitmap image
    • L2C2: added a new bitmap image
    • L2C3: added a new bitmap image
    • removed all doorbells across Level 1 and Level 2
    • changed "Hover Car Refraction" from being a required hack into being a required mod (this was done to keep it required while also preventing a game crash from happening should the user have this hack disabled when launching the mod)
    • increased CubeShapeLimit from 4800 to 6000
    • removed the ambient characters drinking inside Moe's Tavern
    • removed the ambient characters standing in line inside the DMV
    • removed the ambient characters playing with the toy bus inside the Android's Dungeon
  • Version 1.00
    • Initial release.

CREDITS

Have fun, and thanks for playing the mod!
This post has been removed.
3 yrs ago (Statistics)
Not sure why this mod had 3 beta testers if none of them spotted a crash on one of the first mission warps (L1M2 in this case, don't wanna spend time finding other bugs)
The three beta testers and I never spotted that crash... because it literally never happened to any of us. You're the first person to report this crash.

Not sure what you did to make it crash, because mission-warping to L1M2 works just fine for me (and for the beta testers). Are you perhaps using any additional mods or anything?
The three beta testers and I never spotted that crash... because it literally never happened to any of us. You're the first person to report this crash.

Not sure what you did to make it crash, because mission-warping to L1M2 works just fine for me (and for the beta testers). Are you perhaps using any additional mods or anything?
Sorry about my hasty conclusions, mission warping only crashes with Force Mission Select Level Reload hack enabled. Nevertheless this crash happens even without the hack enabled, but only (confirmed so far) after completing L1M7 (and automatically warping to level 2)
Mission-warping from Level 2 back to L1M2 works just fine for me... and going from L1M7 to L2 (automatically after completing L1) also works just fine. (And I don't have the "Force Mission Select Level Reload" hack enabled.)

Not sure why your game is crashing in these spots; everything worked fine for me and the beta testers.
Mission-warping from Level 2 back to L1M2 works just fine for me... and going from L1M7 to L2 (automatically after completing L1) also works just fine. (And I don't have the "Force Mission Select Level Reload" hack enabled.)

Not sure why your game is crashing in these spots; everything worked fine for me and the beta testers.
Well this is awkward. Upon replaying the same exact mission five times, I found that the mod doesn't crash only when majority of QoL hacks are disabled. (Not counting Debug Test and FMSLR) Even though I've never had this crash with exact same ModLauncher configuration I really shouldn't blame you guys for that either since I don't know how to fix it myself. (Compatibility warning could be added, perhaps?)
This is definitely the remake that nobody ever deigned to do.
This post has been removed.
3 yrs ago (Statistics)
Well this is awkward. Upon replaying the same exact mission five times, I found that the mod doesn't crash only when majority of QoL hacks are disabled. (Not counting Debug Test and FMSLR) Even though I've never had this crash with exact same ModLauncher configuration I really shouldn't blame you guys for that either since I don't know how to fix it myself. (Compatibility warning could be added, perhaps?)
Weasel on a Stick

What hack(s) did you have enabled when the mod crashed? Perhaps I can figure out which hack(s) caused the crash and then set them as "conflicting mods" in an update.