Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Taking part in development of a mod

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
If I have an idea for a mod, can I team up with developers and I could assume the role as a producer?
I'd do concept art and that sort of thing, while the others program the vehicles, characters, world, etc.
[deleted user]
2 yrs ago (Statistics)
Depends, heavily
There isn't that many mod developers actively seeking for others. Of course that's not prohibited, but still unlikely to occur
imo, with enough practice - making mods solo is much better and easier, the only people you'd try to find this way - are beta testers
If by concept art you mean modeling, then I could let you work on my mod.
Hi, as Gordon said, it depends.
Most of mod makers out there have their own mod ideas, which they program & all. I personally would say people wouldn't mind helping / working for others, only one problem would be the lack of motivation however.
The best you could do is practice a little bit of everything, making & programming vehicles, creating new sounds, music, etc.
I would gladly welcome you in the team I'm part of, however we each have few mods we're working on atm (some of which are still in the concept phase & some that are closer to being released to beta testers).
If you want to reach out to me, you could dm me on DIscord at Police Car#4790, I could offer some help in modding if you'd like.
@Professor Thaxy made a good point with this, even if it was indirect:
The quoted post is unavailable.

A lot of people who want to work with others generally want to have a second person to lean on. So finding your niche in modding is super important in my opinion. Lean on each other and create awesome things.