Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Is there a specific way to install the game on windows 10? Legitimate CD copy. *RESOLVED*

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi guys, I own a legitimate copy of the game and am currently using a Zenbook 14 UX434FAC UX434FL and I was just curious is there a specific way it has to be installed to work?
**I GOT IT TO WORK GUYS**
I fiddled with the device manager and disabled some HID-Compliant consumer control devices until I found the right one, I always kept one enabled encase I need the drivers running. This may not fix everyone's game. Make sure you message someone like a staff member here at Donut Team so they can potentially find out if it is indeed a direct input device causing the issue or something else and make sure you send them a crash report if you can. For me the game displayed nothing but a black box and no other details, most people don't encounter the same issue I did but if you do I recommend that you please message the Donut team first. They know what they are doing and can potentially get back to you about problems like this real quick on their discord: forum.donutteam.com/tunnel?q=https%3A%2F%2Fdonut.team%2Fdiscord . Be respectful guys, and you might get the help you need!
Hi,

As long as the installer completes on "Full" mode, then it should work with the NoCD and the launcher. If you want to confirm it has installed correctly, you can run Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Install Verifier. This will give out a log on the application itself, as well as an archive with more detailed information for us if anything weird is in the log.

Thanks,
Josh
(Link Removed)
That's the information I got from the install verifier. Thanks Josh!! :D
Hi Fedo,

I took a look at that, and it's a perfectly clean install. The only thing I've noticed is you don't have the NoCD executable, rather the full Best Seller Series executable.

To answer the original question in this thread: The simpsons.exe compatability mode settings should be default, as the Mod Launcher takes care of all the compatibility options.

Thanks,
Josh
Best seller series executable,? I have a no disk exe I could use would that help at all? Is that what you mean?
Hi Fedo,

The log contained:
Recognised executable: Simpsons.exe (Best Seller Series)
Best Seller Series hash: Simpsons.exe (Size = 3566345)
Which just means you have the Best Seller Series version of the game, which requires the disk inserted to play.

Most people, myself included, use a NoCD (or no-disk) executable in order to remove that requirement, and it looks like this in the log:
Recognised executable: Simpsons.exe (Release English (FairLight Cracked))
Hash mismatch: Simpsons.exe (CRC32 = 7F2C31D5, Size = 2486272)

If you have a copy of that, it might be worth trying it and seeing if it resolves your issues.

Thanks,
Josh
Here's a link to a verification when I'm using the NO CD crack if that helps.. (Link Removed)
Still Isn't working for me unfortunately. But thanks a heap!
Hi Fedo,

That looks accurate, what are you experiencing when you launch the game? Just a black screen?

Thanks,
Josh
Yeah, simpsons.exe stops responding shortly after I open it and I never see a loading screen.
You're on a laptop - could you try connecting some headphones for me and then launching the game again please?

Thanks,
Josh