Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Mountain Drew (Version 1.1) NEW UPDATE

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
i hope this mod is done and ready to play it awsome! i hope there is no bugs in this mod
i hope this mod is done and ready to play it awsome! i hope there is no bugs in this mod

I hope there's no bugs on this mod either. The mod is not complete yet, but I really hope to release it in a few weeks or so. So yeah.
This is AndrewHarris109 here with an update on my Mountain Drew mod. I hope to release the mod, or at least a beta, in about 2-3 weeks or so. I hope everyone is excited about this mod. I may do one more small preview in a few days or so. Be sure to stay tuned everyone for more updates. 😉
I know I haven't been very active as of late. But a little heads up that the Mountain Drew Mod will be coming out next week. I've been working very hard on this mod too! (: -AndrewHarris109
Mountain Drew is finally released!! 😃
Hi there, I got to play the mod and I wanted to grant you some feedback.
The story is very nice, it's quite refreshing to see Mr. Smithers is into a higher spotlight, however the gameplay is where things kind of go downhill (a bit).
Things I think could easily improve the gameplay
  • Make AI trucks easier to take out - At least towards the end, they feel quite strong compared to family sedan and destroying them takes a lot of time. Maybe nerf their hit points by -2.
  • Most vehicles don't have a driver (Smithers and Burns especially, image below), I think adding drivers gives it a little more life.
  • In the tutorial mission, when talking to Apu, I had to go behind the counter and talk to him, perhaps adding him as an ambient character with a 3rd argument higher than 1 should fix it.
  • Frink appears twice in the mission, after you talk to him and in the car (see image below), add an iris wipe or a fade out to remove him.
  • When the game ends, the level 7 movie seems to play, you could remove that by occluding it's path in CustomFiles.ini like so:
[Miscellaneous]
OccludedPath=movies\\fmv7.rmv

Pictures mentioned above
Things that really need a fix
  • The Andrew character seems to not be properly rigged (an example below)
  • In all of the missions that start inside the house, you can cause a softlock by exiting the house right before the mission start screen appears. I suggest you add "go outside" objective before starting the mission or adding a countdown during the "dialog" so the player won't be able to softlock again.
  • Some missions seem to load the dyna load data incorrectly, you should check out this page for more information on that.
Conclusion
I really hope none of the boxes above has upset you, this is definitely an improvement from the mods you've made before and the story was really nice. The potential is great, especially if you manage to get the stuff I mentioned above on point.
Have a really nice day and I hope to see more of this (or other) mods around!
Hi there, I got to play the mod and I wanted to grant you some feedback.
The story is very nice, it's quite refreshing to see Mr. Smithers is into a higher spotlight, however the gameplay is where things kind of go downhill (a bit).
Things I think could easily improve the gameplay
  • Make AI trucks easier to take out - At least towards the end, they feel quite strong compared to family sedan and destroying them takes a lot of time. Maybe nerf their hit points by -2.
  • Most vehicles don't have a driver (Smithers and Burns especially, image below), I think adding drivers gives it a little more life.
  • In the tutorial mission, when talking to Apu, I had to go behind the counter and talk to him, perhaps adding him as an ambient character with a 3rd argument higher than 1 should fix it.
  • Frink appears twice in the mission, after you talk to him and in the car (see image below), add an iris wipe or a fade out to remove him.
  • When the game ends, the level 7 movie seems to play, you could remove that by occluding it's path in CustomFiles.ini like so:
[Miscellaneous]
OccludedPath=movies\\fmv7.rmv

Pictures mentioned above
Things that really need a fix
  • The Andrew character seems to not be properly rigged (an example below)
  • In all of the missions that start inside the house, you can cause a softlock by exiting the house right before the mission start screen appears. I suggest you add "go outside" objective before starting the mission or adding a countdown during the "dialog" so the player won't be able to softlock again.
  • Some missions seem to load the dyna load data incorrectly, you should check out this page for more information on that.
Conclusion
I really hope none of the boxes above has upset you, this is definitely an improvement from the mods you've made before and the story was really nice. The potential is great, especially if you manage to get the stuff I mentioned above on point.
Have a really nice day and I hope to see more of this (or other) mods around!

Thank you for the tips and advice. I do believe this mod deserves some polishing. I'll be updating this mod anyway. The story is decent, but the gameplay will definitely be improved. Overall, not a bad mod, but I will be polishing, and improving the gameplay. So yeah. Thank you Maz for the help. (:
VERSION 1.1 PREVIEW

Retextured character model from Male2 to Andrew character model
Bug Fixes
Some retexturing and modeling
A lot of improvements

I hope to release Version 1.1 of this mod soon. As always, stay tuned for updates. (:

-AndrewHarris109
This is AndrewHarris109 here.

I'm sorry it's been a while. I was busy at work. But good news!! Version 1.1 of Mountain Drew will be released sometime late next week. If not then, a little sooner. More mods and updates on the way. 😃
This is AndrewHarris109 here. Mountain Drew Version 1.1 has been postponed. I was very busy at work, and haven't had a chance to finish this update. But don't worry, I am working hard on this mod & update. Thank you for your patience everyone, and I hope to release Version 1.1 of Mountain Drew as soon as I can. (: