Forum Mod Bakery Docs

A Idea for Donut Mod 4

Posted in Donut Mod
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Since i suppose that every level from level 4 it going to be a new map, i think you guys should open Burns's Mansion since you are not going back to the suburbs's map in the mod after level 1.
What a good idea, I hope the donut team read this and that it comes true.
Thanks for dropping the idea here on the forums!

We haven't entirely ruled out the possibility of reusing previous maps from the past Levels. Not only would it assist in speeding up development (which is obviously taking a while and is on standby at the time writing), but there's also some merit in having the ability to re-explore previous areas with some fresh ideas added...Such as said mansion! Obviously, it's not something that could be re-explored with the new Level 4 for fairly obvious reasons, but adding it back to Level 1? That's an interesting idea, especially since most of the mansion is already finished and simply blocked off from the player in the vanilla game.

I believe I can speak for the team and say we're decently satisfied with the current mission structure of Level 1, so I'm not quite sure if any missions would be adjusted to fit the inclusion of the mansion in any meaningful way. Perhaps L1M7, but I think the current route where you drop off Burns flows well. I suppose it would then be left towards designing it to host some extra collectibles? I could see a Collector Card being pushed back into there or a Wasp Camera.

I did speak with Loren in private a little while back and there were some plans of re-organizing the mod's internal structure to handle the new regions a wee bit differently from how we currently handle them so the mod's file size is ever so slightly less bloated, so perhaps Level 1's locations could be re-examined there? Off of the top of my head, I'd really like to adjust the Giant Toilet path to have a couple of more visual indicators that the player can access it, as I've seen some struggle knowing that area is open.

If you have any further ideas on how to expand Burns' Mansion for Level 1, I'd love to hear them! Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks for dropping the idea here on the forums!

We haven't entirely ruled out the possibility of reusing previous maps from the past Levels. Not only would it assist in speeding up development (which is obviously taking a while and is on standby at the time writing), but there's also some merit in having the ability to re-explore previous areas with some fresh ideas added...Such as said mansion! Obviously, it's not something that could be re-explored with the new Level 4 for fairly obvious reasons, but adding it back to Level 1? That's an interesting idea, especially since most of the mansion is already finished and simply blocked off from the player in the vanilla game.

I believe I can speak for the team and say we're decently satisfied with the current mission structure of Level 1, so I'm not quite sure if any missions would be adjusted to fit the inclusion of the mansion in any meaningful way. Perhaps L1M7, but I think the current route where you drop off Burns flows well. I suppose it would then be left towards designing it to host some extra collectibles? I could see a Collector Card being pushed back into there or a Wasp Camera.

I did speak with Loren in private a little while back and there were some plans of re-organizing the mod's internal structure to handle the new regions a wee bit differently from how we currently handle them so the mod's file size is ever so slightly less bloated, so perhaps Level 1's locations could be re-examined there? Off of the top of my head, I'd really like to adjust the Giant Toilet path to have a couple of more visual indicators that the player can access it, as I've seen some struggle knowing that area is open.

If you have any further ideas on how to expand Burns' Mansion for Level 1, I'd love to hear them! Thanks for the feedback.

I Think you guys should change one of the cards(like the Homer's Night Out one) to a Mr.Burns's centered card, In my opinion i think you guys should take the Box(THE BOX! THE BOX!) from Homer goes to college, and i think you guys should put some of the rooms that burns shows to homer in "Last Exit to Springfield" like the monkey room, the bottomless pit and the biggest tv in the world. also is the white and black floor inside the mansion is a error or a reference to something? also i have a idea for level 2! instead of helping dr. nick to get a blender it should be marge!(or any other housewife in Springfield). Thanks for hearing me!