Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Help with Frame Rate/Frame Pacing

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello there, recently I have downloaded Lucas' launcher to run the mods from this page and have really enjoyed them, but I've had constant problems with the frame rate/pace being all over the place.

I've tried loads of the options and tips from this forum and other places but I just can't seem to dial in a setup that gives me a constant smooth gameplay.

I've tried the game on it's own and that gives me the best result but not a locked framerate. With the launcher and just the game with the default mods it's a bit more erratic, especially when the car is close to being destroyed and blowing out steam and smoke the frame rate really tanks then.

I've tried all the settings I can think of like different screen sizes, frame limiter, nVidia control panel, full screen, windowed and borderless.

Unless I'm doing something very wrong (which I probably am) I have run out of ideas.

My system is;

Windows 10
Ryzen 7 1700
1060 6gb
16gb RAM
Samsung 850 Pro SSD.

Any help or a kick in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanx for reading.
Hi, sorry for getting quite late to you. I'm not sure what could be the cause of that, do you have the Frame Limiter setting on? Or the Anti-Aliasing. Both of these could affect that. Try turning them on/off and let me know what happens. The game itself shouldn't really lag, but depends from machine to machine
Hi, no probs, thanx for replying at all.

I've tried both Anti-Aliasing and frame limiter off and on, trying the different settings and many different combinations within these settings, like the wait method in the frame limiter and the different AA settings even AA off and nothing seems to make a difference.

I've been trying to get the game to run in 1080p full screen to see if it's just simply that my system can't take running the game at 4K, but no matter what I try I can't get anything except for native 4K to work full screen!