Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Permission/Credit other Modders for a video

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hey,

So I want to upload a video to YT showcasing the mission edits I have made in Level 1. I don't plan to release my mod to the public as it uses multiple work from other modders.

Because my missions require the use of Colou's FCM mod and the Donut Teams 3D Phonebooth Previews mod I wanted to make sure I don't offend anyone by posting the video.
In the video description I have prepared I have provided links and listed the creators of said mods and told any viewers to "Go show some love". I've made it explicitly clear in the description that I don't claim credit for or am the creator of said mods, only that I am responsible for the work on the missions I have done.

Is this all okay or should I avoid posting anything containing others content? I've checked on the mod pages and their respective forum posts and I cant see anything about giving credit but of course I have anyway.

Thanks ^^
Ahoy-hoy!
Most of the stuff released by DonutTeam doesn't necessarily need to be credited & nobody minds people using hacks & other things in their mods because that's mainly what they're made for.
As for Colou's FCM, I don't think they would mind if you were to post it on YouTube, because as they mentioned in the release topic, the FCM is mainly a resource for other mods.
You're free to post any of that.

For the future, if you have any concerns about credits or rights to use material, either read the description of the mod/work you're displaying or refer to our rules regarding reverse engineering & rights (You can check our TOS or just the highlighted paragraph below)

Reverse Engineering

In addition to Forbidden Content Section 8, we have specific guidelines outlined for the Reverse Engineering of Donut Team Tools, Software and APIs.

Our Reverse Engineering Guidelines describes how users can and can not reverse engineer tools, software and mods submitted by Donut Team and its community. You can read more on the aforementioned page.

Your Rights and Grant of Rights in the Content

You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or otherwise display on or through Donut Team.

By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through Donut Team, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
Thanks! I don't want to cause any upset and just wanted to make sure, I've seen both mods used in other mods so I was pretty sure I'd be fine but wanted to be certain. ^^
It's all good, feel free to ask anything you're concerned about!