Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Simpsons Hit and Run won't turn on.

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
See title. Idk why it's doing this out of nowhere when I was able to play it just fine with mods and vanilla months ago, but when I try to open it nowadays, either just the game itself or via the launcher, it loads a SHAR game window, but it just stays pitch black no matter how long I wait, and when I click on it at all, it says it's not responding. It does this regardless if I've got no mods on, or if I've got a mod on or not, and I'm not sure what to do other then ask here. Help please if you can?
Please enable the Bug Fixes hack (located on the Settings tab) and go into that hack's "Mod Settings" menu, and then make sure "Late Focus Freeze" is ticked.

Edit (14.Mar.2024): Originally an image link here, but exteral Discord image accesses are mostly invalid now and it must be removed to avoid post deletion according to site popup.
Please enable the Bug Fixes hack (located on the Settings tab) and go into that hack's "Mod Settings" menu, and then make sure "Late Focus Freeze" is ticked.

They both already are from what I'm seeing
See title. Idk why it's doing this out of nowhere when I was able to play it just fine with mods and vanilla months ago, but when I try to open it nowadays, either just the game itself or via the launcher, it loads a SHAR game window, but it just stays pitch black no matter how long I wait, and when I click on it at all, it says it's not responding. It does this regardless if I've got no mods on, or if I've got a mod on or not, and I'm not sure what to do other then ask here. Help please if you can?

Are you a Windows 11 user by any chance?
If so, try downloading this file. Unzip it & place the DirectInputAcquireTest.lmlh file inside the Hacks folder in your mod launcher directory. If you don't have a Hacks folder, create one. Let me know how it goes!

If so, try downloading this file. Unzip it & place the DirectInputAcquireTest.lmlh file inside the Hacks folder in your mod launcher directory. If you don't have a Hacks folder, create one. Let me know how it goes!

Nope, Windows 10. Should I try that anyway?

Nope, Windows 10. Should I try that anyway?

Apologies for the delay in response - the issue that Maz was referring to happens on some versions of W10 also, so it's definitely worth trying.
Alrighty, I'll try that then, thanks!
Tried it, and nope. No change at all, still just goes Not Responding upon the window appearing.
Wait, nevermind, it did, I just had to turn the thing on, it works now! Thanks for the help friends! Now back to mod playing and considering attempting speedrunning
This post has been removed.
1 yr ago (Edited 1 year ago)