Forum Mod Bakery Docs

I'm unable to open Simpsons Hit & Run via the Launcher.

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Whenever I open up the game in the Lucas Launcher, it is unable to go pass the "Press Start" screen, but when I open Simpsons.exe without the Launcher, it works perfectly. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the Launcher, but I don't know what. Could someone help me with this?
Hey there, and welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about the...odd issue with using the game alongside the Launcher. I apologize, as i's not one I'm familiar with.

Are you able to record footage or send a screenshot of where the controls aren't responding? I'm not sure I understand what area you're talking about. Are you referring to the main menu with Homer asleep on the couch? Does the game appear to respond to other inputs (are the opening cinematics with the wasps being deployed skippable)? If you can't, it might be waiting for inputs from somewhere else (though I am unsure as to why it would work without the Launcher).

If you're trying to play the game with your keyboard, I would check to see if you have another controller plugged in and try disconnecting it. The game might be waiting from inputs from that instead.

Hopefully this helps a bit!
I'm guessing you're talking about this.

You somehow enabled a debug mode:

Go to "Developer. Select "Debug Test" and select "Mod Settings..."

Go to "Miscellaneous" and disable "Splash Screen"

Using Debug Test is not supported and is only intended for testing random functionality that Lucas has implemented or re-enabled. It is not encouraged for normal gameplay.
This post has been removed.
3 mos ago (Statistics)
The quoted post is unavailable.

Thank you, this worked! I might've enabled it by accident, but it works now. Thank you so much!