Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Hit & Run Error Message

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi,

I've recently installed The Simpsons Hit & Run on my laptop, but whenever I try to play the game I get the following error message.

I have no idea what is causing the issues and have tried all the usual tricks to reset my audio devices and made sure my drivers are updated with no success. The weird thing is that I have never had this error with any games or apps on my laptop before, the sound works perfectly fine with all of them. I can run the game with the no audio mod but that sucks all the fun out of playing as the music and quotes were half of what made the game so memorable.

I'd be really thankful for any ideas or advice.
Hi shallens,

SHAR is rather archaic in how it handles audio, which would explain why only it is having sound issues and no other game.

I've come across similar issues on a laptop before. Does your laptop have a 3.5mm headphone jack? In the other issue, they had to have headphones connected for it to register correctly.

Please let me know if this fixes it for you.

Thanks,
Josh
Hi Josh,

Thanks for replying. I've tried plugging in headphones or an external speaker with aux chords and neither seems to solve the issue either. I probably should have mentioned this in the original post, sorry.

Thanks,
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I talked to Lucas about it and he suggested routing the audio to a Virtual Audio Cable, and using the Windows "Listen to this device" feature to output to your chosen audio device.

Thanks,
Josh