Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Lucas' RCF Builder Issues

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi! I'm trying to port a mod from pc to the ps2 version. I'm using the RCF Builder to update the files in ART.RCF, But the tool simply doesn't work.
I open the EXE and immediately, boom: "No inputs specified. Press any key to continue . . .". And then it closes... does anyone know how to fix this?
or an alternative tool i could use to edit .RCF files?
Hi Spads,

The RCF builder is a command-line tool. You can find tutorials and a full list of command line arguments on our docs.

For example, to add a folder's contents to an existing RCF is:
"C:\path\to\LRCFB.exe" -rcf "C:\path\to\input\from\file.rcf" -inputdir "C:\path\to\input\from"

As a side note, I don't recognise the file ART.RCF, is that a Simpsons: Hit and Run PS2 file or a different game?

Thanks,
Josh
Hi Josh

The Console versions of SHAR use a different game file storage method to the PC version. The game files are compressed in .RCF files like ART.RCF, SCRIPTS.RCF and blah blah blah instead of being normal file folders like in the PC version.

I know how to use the tool, in fact I used it before, but the problem is: it just doesn't work anymore. No matter what I do, it will always display the "no inputs specified" message, before I even have the chance to input anything, like half a second. I think it has something to do with 32 bit timings.
Are you launching the tool by double-clicking the EXE file, or a method similar to that? That is not the intended way to use it, and should always result in the "No inputs specified" message.

You're supposed to open up a general purpose command line window and then run the EXE through commands there. Alternatively, you can navigate to the folder containing the tool's EXE file, click on the top bar, type "cmd", press ENTER, and then work from there as normal (as seen in the images below).

oh, i forgot about that. thanks
help, I am trying to repack the files I altered back into RCF format, but it's not working. the game is Scarface, can anybody give me any tips???
The quoted post is unavailable.

As stated on the Introduction documentation page for the tool, only version 1.2 of the format is supported, known to be used in both Radical Entertainment Simpsons titles. They changed how their formats worked quite a lot, though, so usability elsewhere may vary.
I feared that was one of the problems:( so the only way to work with another game is building one specifically for it? It's a damn shame, I was looking forward to making a portuguese patch for the scarface ps2 game... I wonder if lucas had a lot of troube making this tool