Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Status Update #2 - 7 March 2016

Posted in Announcements
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
COMMUNITY,

We've addressed some of your questions and concerns in today's new Status Update video. We'll address more on 21 March 2016.

Thanks,
Jake Andreøli

I like the new site design preview.

Seeing how new maps are drawn is intriguing. I am pretty proficient in CAD, and have played with Sketchup here and there too. For those of us who are very familiar in programming and code, any chance you could share the ins and outs of map making? I understand not wanting it out there for everyone, as I can see someone creating a big mess quickly, and pestering everyone on the forums with questions. I've had a bit more time on my hands lately, and will for a while it looks like. (Finally am getting *Something* from a work accident some years back that has left me permanently disabled, don't need to rely on my fallback PC tech work so much now, time to take it much easier than I have been).

Wouldn't mind trying my hand at recreating one of my model train layouts in SHAR - already have buildings with names from The Simpsons in it. Kwik-E-Mart, Lard Lads, Cockamamies (The nick-nack store) and so on. I can think of a good many Simpsons missions I could set up. Having a meat packing plant has lots of potential for Lisa and Homer. Plenty Bart can do too around the towns on it.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Thanks for answering my question! I like the new map so far. The best thing is the rebalance update! #DonutModisbeatable!
Ok... now it´s 21/3 and the clock is 21:38 (around half-past nine) and still nothing about the "status update video". I can understand if someone lives at the other side of the globe but it´s getting really tiresome to always wait until the day after the release. I always have to wait until for an example the 14/7 (just a number) but the release date was supposed to be the 13/7. And I have all respect to the time difference between countries but at least try to match up a good time for all of us in the community.
I don't want to make anyone angry, just inform a problem to the community.
I'm sorry about the wait Victorio. We usually post it around noon to 1PM EST but we were exceptionally late today as we were still deciding the content of this weeks announcement.
@Victorio We'll discuss internally the best way to handle time zones and our posting in the future.