Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Mod tool fails to load Simpsons game

Posted in Support
Donut Team is still learning about the original poster. Therefore, we can not guarantee all information on this page to be safe or reliable.
Please login to contribute to the conversation.

Hi, just tried the mod and I get the error in the enclosed image. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Steve
Hi there, I'm sorry to see you're having trouble with the Mod Launcher. A fix is being worked on and will be available with the next version of the Mod Launcher, however you may use the following workaround to get rid of the error:

1) Ensure that you have the latest version of the Mod Launcher (Version 1.26.1) installed.
2) Ensure that Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher is closed.
3) Delete the "Lucas Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher.exe.config" file from the Mod Launcher's directory. This file should be located in the same directory as the Mod Launcher executable.
4) Open Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher.

You should check out our announcement regarding the mod launcher for better details.
If you're still having the issue, feel free to let us know. I hope this helps!
Thanks, I have just tried the workaround but I still get the same issue. Also, when the launcher runs I do not get the option to change the resolution is this normal behaviour.

Thanks

Steve
Hi again. Could you try deleting your simpsons.ini file from the game's main directory?
Let me know if that helps!
If you could upload the file somewhere and link it before you delete it, it could help confirm the issue - no worries if you've already deleted the file and it's now working though.

Thanks,
Josh