Forum Mod Bakery Docs

[The Simpsons Hit and Run: Yellow Shift] Alpha 2.2

This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
@max_power998 besides that though the mod is great. I know you said that there was probably going to be only 1 level but it would be cool to see other levels with different perspectives. for example playing level 2 as Frink.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
@MACCA

If there's enough demand for another level I will probably make one. The character I would choose for level 2 would most likely be either Milhouse or Frink.

EDIT: Right now I'm having trouble getting the game to start with the mod, which is weird since I've made NO changes since I posted this.
I'm not terribly good at reviews but I just played your entire mod just now and let me say:

Hot damn that was exhilarating. The whole mod is jam packed with an awesome set of missions. It feels very fresh and I love how well you intertwined Marge's day with Homer's.

I would love to see you extend this concept more if you're up to it, it was a fantastic experience overall.
Seconding Loren's experience. I went ahead and downloaded the mod and informed him it had a release. After playing with it, I'd like to give a little bit of quick feedback:

Positives:
- Concept is amazing and executed almost perfectly! It really is neat seeing Level 1 from another character's perspective. I adored the little details you did with Homer occasionally popping up in Marge's missions, making it appear as if the original game's missions were taking place in the background.

- Difficulty was really awesome. It's a lot tougher than the original Level 1 for those interested, and it's honestly nearly perfect for me. The last two missions were the icing on the cake and really well executed.

- Use of text messages to convey plot is actually done really well here. It doesn't feel like it weighs down the mod too much.

Negatives:

- Bits and pieces of the plot I didn't quite understand as a whole, but the concept is so cool that I can overlook them. For instance, what causes Bart to want to pursue getting Bonestorm II after all of this? It seems a little weird that he'd join Marge to take down the company and then go looking for a copy of the video game. I understand the mod is meant to be only one Level, but from my understanding after this Level the original game still takes place.

- The timer in L1M7 where (Spoilers Ahead) you have to get back to the Power Plant after losing the company Sedan seems a little unfair since it carries over from the chase stage.

Really minor nitpicks, but I praise this mod for it's originality in terms of telling an interesting story and executing the concept of having another "Level" taking place in the background. This is incredibly awesome, and currently my favorite user-made mod on the website (other than another one that George did)! Congratulations!
I totally didn't edit Kenny's post, Kenny.

(I actually didn't though.. Only influenced him otherwise.)

Anyways, back to topic, I'm going to go try the mod now as well!
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
@duckdotexe and @Cornholio309

This means sooo much coming from you guys. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the main experience and I hope you enjoy the little tweaks and additions I make later!
With so much positive feedback it is super likely that I will continue this into the later levels, and I will likely take a poll for each level from here on out with a few character choices so the community has some input.

Kenny, the feedback you provided for me was great. Hopefully the plot will become easier to understand when I add custom dialogue and movies. As for Bart, he's a kid that once got his best friend put on FBI most wanted so I can't see him caring about buying a video game from an evil company. As for the M7 timer I may change that if enough people complain but it was meant to be once last trick to throw the player for a loop, and I don't know if I want to make it easier. I can totally see where you're coming from though, it would be a huge frustration to fail the mission there after all the difficult stuff before it.

@Gibstack693 I can't wait to hear your feedback, and it's nice hearing from you again!
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
Mod is great!(9/10) You should do more mods like this.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
@rbd

Thanks for the love. I'm planning on doing at least level 2 in the future.
I am loving this mod! But, I don't have access to Lisa at Mssion 4. How can I reach her?