Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Adding A Car to the Phonebooth?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hey guys, I have a bit of an issue. I've made a re-skin of the nuctruck.p3d car (not renamed in anyway btw) and basically done everything neccesary to make a simple car reskin mod. I even changed up the rewards.mfk to add this car to Gil's shop in Level 1, priced at 75 coins (it's meant to be a bad car). However, upon playing the game with the mod active, not only is the car not present in Gil's shop, but with the All Cars Unlocked Hack, it isn't to be found in the phonebooth either. I will note however that the game obviously recognises the car, as the .p3d the reskin originates from alters the original car, that being the nuclear waste pickup truck npc cars found in level 4. I've included a link to the current mod files below:

www.dropbox.com/s/x05za7dm4kd7eqj/MilkTruck.zip?dl=0

If anyone knows how to do any of the following, please respond:
- Put it in Gil's Level 1 Shop
- Make it appear in the phone booth
- Make the original .p3d become unaltered, meaning the game has both the milk truck as a non-npc car that you can buy and the nuclear waste truck as it was in the original game.

One final thing to note if it is of importance, my verison of the game is the 'Best Sellers Series' edition.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
1. You have to add the image files for the car in the phonebooth. They are placed in CustomFiles/art/frontend/dynaload/images/cars2D/MilkTruck/MilkTruckD.p3d
2. You have to copy the car to make a shop preview. copy the car to CustomFiles/art/frontend/dynaload/cars/MilkTruck.p3d
3. You have to use CustomCarSupport.ini and add an entry. Template ini for this
Thanks man, really helped out. Can't wait to get this up and running!
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
No problemo, welcome to the community! Make sure to join the discord server for help (mostly) around the clock!