Forum Mod Bakery Docs

How do I make my car use the damage texture just for the windows?

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
My car has 2 textures:One for the normal windows,and another one for damaged windows.

This is the damaged one,the normal texture is the same as this but without the glass crack PNG on it.Whenever I try viewing the damaged ones in both the P3D editor and the game,the damaged one doesn't appear.

I'm assuming this is because the game doesn't support damage textures that are like that,but I would still like to know what's going on.

Edit:Before you ask,I have increased the size of the UVs of the windows to better fit the size of the images.
Hi there, adding damaged textures is pretty easy, although very limited per-car model.
There are 4 shaders names that support damaged textures:
  • {carname}HoodNorm_m
  • {carname}BackNorm_m
  • {carname}DoorDNorm_m
  • {carname}DoorPNorm_m
Each of these shaders supports two textues:
{carname}{shadername}Norm.bmp & {carname}{shadername}Dam.bmp.
So just giving your shader and textures the appropriate names should do the trick.

Limitations:
As I specified above, these shaders have the following limitations:
1) Hitting your car from...
  • the front will cause damage on the hood shader
  • the left will cause damage on the driver door shader
  • the right will cause damage on the passenger door shader
  • the rear will cause damage on the back door shader
  • I believe damage from top/bottom will cause damage from all directions or randomly from one of the above. I don't have anything to fully back this besides just me observing it in the game.
2) Every single car that shares the shaders will display the same texture. You can observe this in the main game if you use the same car as a AI and either you or them damage your car.

I hope this helps!
hello mazexz
The quoted post is unavailable.

Hi there!
The quoted post is unavailable.

Hmm I see how it is,thank you.