Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Game crashing when loading level 4 race 3

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi!! I not sure if anyone can help but I have had no problems so far running the game, however every time I load this race it crashes... I have a crash long, but it is a DMG file and have no idea how to read it lol. When I use the launcher to display the error it says "exception 0x800000003 breakpoint". Would anyone be able to help me resolve this?
Hi Caitlin,

A screenshot of the error when it crashes, or uploading the .dmp file would make diagnosing easier.

As a shot in the dark, you could try verifying your game install:
  1. Download Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Install Verifier.
  2. If not already selected, Browse to your game's install location.
  3. Make sure Mode is set to Verify Install.
  4. Press Start in the bottom right.
  5. The application will then go through and verify all your game's files.
  6. Once complete, it'll prompt you to save a file, please upload that file to a filehost of your choice (such as Mediafire or MEGA), and post the link as a reply.

Thanks,
Josh
Hi Josh!

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Here is a link to the dmp file and install verifier www.mediafire.com/folder/mfdeeij9fbjz2q9,qtjr42m07zusoji/shared

I am new to this so I appreciate the help! I am not playing with any mods, and I am playing on Mac using parallels so not sure if that is what's causing the issues...
Hi Caitlin,

Congratulations of having the cleanest install directory I've ever seen, no issues there 😂

Looking at the crash dump confirms it's definitely an issue with the mod launcher. Could you let me know the mod launcher version you're running, and could you also do the following steps so I can see what your configuration is like please:
  1. Open the mod launcher.
  2. Right click any blank space in the mods list.
  3. Open Configurations->Manage.
  4. Select Main and click Export....
  5. Save the file somewhere.
  6. Upload the file as a reply.

Thanks,
Josh
Hi,

I am running version 1.26.1, I think that's the latest? Here's the file: www.mediafire.com/file/wp0fqgp6lt8tyii/Main.lmlc/file

Thank you so much!!
Hi caitlin,

I can't see anything immediately concerning there.

Could you try disabling each of the below, one at a time, and tell me if disabling any prevent the race from crashing please?
  • Hover Car Refraction
  • Sphere Map Reflections

If disabling either of those doesn't fix the issue, could you then try enabling Direct3D 9 please?

Thanks,
Josh
Hi,

Thank you so much you are a lifesaver!!! That race is with the hover car and I turned off hover car refraction and it worked immediately!!

Literally can't thank you enough :)
Hi caitlin,

I'm glad that's working for you.

Out of curiosity, and hopefully to help get to the root of the issue, could you try with Hover Car Refraction enabled, but also Direct3D 9 enabled please?

Thanks,
Josh
Hi Josh,

Yes I am running with Direct3D 9 and it''s working with hover car refraction enabled!

Thanks for your help! And sorry if I was meant to be playing with the enabled the whole time lol, I'm new to this kinda thing :)
Hi caitlin,

Even better that you can now play with Hover Car Refraction enabled.

All the Direct3D 9 hack does is allow your computer to use D3D9 instead of the game's default of D3D8. I suspect that Mac Parallels has better support for D3D9, but it's not something I know for sure.

Thanks,
Josh