Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Street Races and Car Performance

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Decided to try Ralph's checkpoint race in Level 3 using the Nerd Car because it's fast while being easy to control with my joystick but when I started the race, the performance of the car dropped to almost nothing. It felt like the game had a set of hardcoded stats which are used for street races and applied to whatever car you're driving in some kind of attempt to make the race harder.

I haven't yet noticed any differences with wager races or races within missions. I've only seen it with the 3 street races in each level.
Is this a bug and if so, how do I fix it? All I want is a fair game, not a rigged one.

Beating Bart's Honour Roller in Homer's car with what appeared to be a mix of the lowest level stats for the Plow King and Speed Rocket took me about 5 tries, even with cheats on. (Level 1 checkpoint race)
The opponents you race against get statistics buffs during Street Races (which are consistent per level/race regardless of which vehicle the player is using) as well as rubber-banding logic (which adjusts itself to the top speed of the player's vehicle), but there are no changes made to the player's vehicle/statistics during Street Races.