Forum Mod Bakery Docs

I made a mod that fixes some of the base game cars

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I made a mod that fixes several issues and nitpicks I have with the base game, and I even made it compatible with the Switch and Vita ports! (...and I guess the base PC Version if you don't wanna use the mod launcher for some reason.)

If you'd like to try it, you can download it here:
SHAR Fixes 1.4

For the Switch and Vita ports, download this Zip instead. Simply extract it into the game's main folder, replace any files and it should work fine from there. Doing this will overwrite the game's normal files, so make sure to keep a backup.
SHAR Fixes Zip 1.4

I also made a version that only changes the cars, which you can download here instead
SHAR Car Fixes 1.4
SHAR Car Fixes Zip 1.4

Feel free to edit/use these however you'd like, even for your own mods if you want. If you know of anything I missed (no matter how minor), or have any suggestions of how to do things better, please let me know.

Full list of changes

Map Changes:

-Changed the Springfield Gasoline signs in Level 1 to the high quality version used in levels 4 and 7

-Fixed the random messages for the elementary school and community center signs in Levels 1, 4, and 7

-Made Level 7 variants for the elementary school signs that didn't have them

-Edited the crop circle's texture in Levels 4 and 7 so it blends into the tomacco field better

-Fixed the issue causing the spooky music on top of the Kwik-E-Mart in Level 7 to not play

-Remade the spinning Spook-E-Mart sign in Level 7 based on the image seen in the scrapbook

-Made the unused Frankenstein Kid appear as a pedestrian in Level 7

-Fixed the phone booths not having transparency in Levels 3 and 6

-Fixed the typo on the Springfield Gasoline signs in Levels 3 and 6

-Fixed an error texture on a boat near the front of the C-Spanker in Levels 3 and 6

-Fixed an incorrect texture under the roofs of the fishing boats near the taffy shop in Levels 3 and 6

-Fixed the lights on the Krustylu Studios entrance sign not lining up with the letters in Levels 3 and 6

-Switched the "Don't Eat Beef" sign in Levels 3 and 6 to the higher quality one used in levels 1, 4, and 7

-Replaced the Hit & Run Police Cars in Level 6 with Chase Sedans. (The stats were left unchanged, though)

-Moved the Squeaky Voiced Teen in Level 6 from the Aztec Theater to the nearby Krusty Burger to match his dialog

-Fixed a coin that was mostly underground near the crane leading to the C-Spanker in Level 6

Mission changes:

-Recolored the HUD Icon for Rod's inhaler to match its item appearance

-Removed the green thing from the HUD Icon for Mr. Burns

-Recolored the HUD icons for Snake and Grandpa to match their outfit colors in-game

-Made Cell-Outs use Cell Phone Cars B, C, and D instead of just using Car A four times

-Recolored the fish in Fishy Deals and gave them a third eye so they resemble Blinky like the HUD implies

-Changed some text in Incriminating Caffeine from "Drive to the Cola Truck" to "Find the Cola Truck", to better emphasize how you need to search for it

-Removed a misplaced oval on Chief Wiggum's hat in the preview image for This Little Piggy

-Made your car appear next to Bart instead of at Krustylu Studios when first loading Going to the Lu'.

-Changed the background for the School Bus's HUD icon from purple to yellow to match the other vehicle icons

-Fixed Drama Cues for the music in Alien Auto-topsy Parts II and III that fail due to a typo

Car Changes:

-Fixed the Plow King missing a steering wheel in the Shop and when using 3D Phone Booths

-Fixed the Honor Roller a missing steering wheel when using 3D Phone Booths

-Added Homer as a driver for Mr. Plow, fixed the lights on the roof being mistextured, and fixed the missing steering wheel in the Shop when using 3D Phone Booths

-Fixed the WWII Vehicle having several texture issues and missing a steering wheel when using 3D Phone Booths

-Changed the name of Moe's Sedan from "Sedan" to "Moe's Sedan", gave it the mismatched wheels it had in it's original Phone Booth image, shortened the axels so they no longer clip through to the outside of the wheels, and fixed a texture glitch beneath the car.

-Gave the Malibu Stacey Car the unique wheels it has in it's original Phone Booth image, and gave it a new Phone Booth image with the headlights up and seat color corrected.

-Adjusted the School Bus's window shader to increase it's visibility on the left side, and fixed the missing steering wheel in the Shop and when using 3D Phone Booths

-Fixed the Nerd Car missing a steering wheel in the Shop and when using 3D Phone Booths

-Changed the name of Skinner's Sedan from "Sedan" to "Skinner's Sedan", and removed Agnes from the backseat of both the Phone Booth image and when using 3D Phone Booths

-Changed the name of the Book Burning Van to "Book Burning Mobile", fixed some transparency issues and missing a steering wheel when using 3D Phone Booths, and replaced the 2D Phone Booth images that show the aforementioned transparency issues

-Fixed the Longhorn's hood being mistextured when using 3D Phone Booths

-Added Homer as a driver for the Car Built for Homer and fixed the missing steering wheel in the Shop and when using 3D Phone Booths

-Fixed the Hover Car missing a steering wheel when using 3D Phone Booths

-Changed the name of the Ferrini - Red to just "Ferrini" and fixed the missing steering wheel when using 3D Phone Booths

-Renamed the Globex Super Villain Car to "Globex Villain Car" in the Phone Booth so it stays on a single line, and fixed the missing steering wheel in the shop and when using 3D Phone Booths

-Renamed the Bandit to "Lil' Bandit" and fixed the missing steering wheel when using 3D Phone Booths

-Added Moleman as a driver for the Planet Hype 50's Car, as a nod to the unused gag

-Replaced the 70's Sports Car's damage textures with new custom-made ones so it no longer reverts to an earlier design when damaged, and fixed an unrelated texture glitch below the car

-Fixed the Hearse's texture glitch that covers its left side in the shop and when using 3D Phone Booths

-Fixed the Open Wheel Race Car missing a steering wheel when using 3D Phone Booths

-Changed the name of the Police Cars used during a hit and run to "Police Car - Hit and Run" when using the Unlock All Cars cheat, as it shared a name with the normal Police Car

-Made the player visible when inside Cell Phone Cars A, B, C, and D using the Unlock All Cars cheat

-Stops the Monorail Car's torn-open roof from pushing Marge's hair down when using the Unlock All Cars cheat

-Renamed the "WWII Vehicle w/Rocket" to "WWII Vehicle with Rocket" when using the Unlock All Cars cheat

Latest Version (1.4):

-Completely remade the mod so it changes much more than just the Cars.

-Made a separate car-only version for those who still want it.
Fixes the Ambulance having the word "Ambulance" written backwards on the front

Just so you know that wasnt an error, in real life Ambulances have writing back to front so people in mirrors can read it
Huh... I didn't actually know that about ambulances, but they definitely do.

I removed the change. Thanks for telling me! :)
I'm a big fan of projects that fixes dev oversights like these cars texture issues. Excellent work and thank you for sharing.

I'll be using this mod for my next playthrough along with these fixes; Dynamic Signs, Minor Fixes, and Texture fixes (the last one is made by myself).
I just remade the entire mod so it includes a bunch of fixes for the game as a whole, instead of just being focused on cars. Check it out if you're interested.

(I kept a car-only version too, if you'd rather have that)