Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Audi R8 game bug

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I've downloaded audi R8 mod by alexbridgez,but when i buy the car or i select it from the phone booth,the game becomes very slowly.
However,the music and the dialogue goes good.

It's a frame problem or something?

Please answer.

Dan:-)
System specs? And are you capping your game to 60 FPS with the frame limiter?
Simply put, I think it's because the Audi R8 model used in that mod is so detailed that it slows the game down every time it's loaded. I haven't played the mod myself, but I've seen other people with the same problem, so you're not the only one.

On another note, there's a random chance that you have some other problem. I think it's the model though.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hi, AlexBridgez here. The model I used is incredibly detailed compared to the rest of the game. This is because it's meant to be used for professional artistic renders, not to be rendered on screen in real time. Unless you have a beefy PC then it will cause the frame-rate to drop. That mod was meant to be instructional (here's how I made it) as opposed to practical. Thanks for downloading it though! :)
If you ever did want to make your mod more accessible, you could decimate the model in Blender to reduce its triangle count. But I do understand that the purpose was merely to be a tutorial.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@YoursDiddilyTruly I looked in to it and I could shave off about half of the polygons without a noticeable reduction in quality. However, life has gotten in the way of mod making (I'm currently travelling around the world) and other things are fighting for my attention. The mod is decompilable so if anyone wants to make the mod more performance-friendly then by all means go ahead.
Once I release another car mod I'm working on, I might do that for those who don't have enough power to run the mod.

Also, would it be okay if I put the R8 in a car pack I'm making? I would give you credit of course. I just think the car you ported would fit pretty well with the mod I'm making, but don't feel as though you have to say yes.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@YoursDiddilyTruly Yeah sure you can, all I ask is that you link back to the original :)