Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Someone help me make a mod?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Is there anything in particular you're looking to achieve with your mod? As in, is the mod you're looking to make a completely new campaign with a new set of missions, or something like a set of retextures?

There are a couple of tutorials scattered about here and there if you sort by the "Tutorial" Filter. They cover a wide variety of topics ranging from how to assemble a brand spanking new mission to some slightly more complex miscellanous content. Snoppy Bobby Bob's topic in particular seems like it'd be the best place to start to set up a simple mod that's compatible with the Mod Launcher, so you don't have to worry about overwriting any base game files and get a couple dozen bonuses of developing a mod for it.

Hopefully this helps! If you have any further questions, feel free to let us know in this topic through another post.
Thanks Kenny, and I also want someone to collaborate with me because I'm not really that good at mods.
Ah! Is there anything in particular you need help with? Just in general someone to oversee direction of the mod with you? Do you need assistance with a particular area in the mod (such as texture work or mission development)? It sounds more like the former, but I just want to make sure I understand your request properly.

Assuming it's the former, there are quite a few people here that wouldn't mind using their free time to help with your project, but such a thing is a bit of a commitment that people might want to get a bit of a 'feel' for before they jump in. You might be able to drum up some interest in a collaboration with other community members with your mod if you're able to share some ideas you have with the direction you want to take your mod. It might be best to experiment with the tools a bit on your own until you feel comfortable trying to make a bigger leap to a fullscale project.

Some minor edits to a vanilla game mission or messing with the textures in L1_TERRA might be a good place to start, for instance. Hopefully after you've gotten some experience under your belt, you might be more confident in directing a project and have something to share with others? I say this as I think you might best be able to get more support on board if you have an idea that intrigues others.

Otherwise, the forums (and our Discord!) are willing to help you with any questions you may have! Try some things out, ask some questions until you have a good grasp of how things 'tick', then present your big project idea to everyone. Until then, don't be afraid to ask questions. Experimenting is all part of the process, and there's no shame in feeling a bit 'stuck' or 'lost'.