Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Fully Connected Map Mod (1.0.7)

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
This post has been removed.
3 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hi Liam,

Have you modified the mod file at all, or are you just using the version supplied by Colou?
No file called h_jbox_m.p3d exists in the vanilla game, and this mod shouldn't try and access it at any point. To me, that sounds like an issue either with another mod you have enabled, or your game install. You can try disabling any other mods you have or running the Install Verifier to make sure if your game install is fine.
Hey!
So i have edited my level and leveli files (for my version located here: C:\Users\myepicusername\Documents\Simpsons\Game Files\scripts\missions\level01
my edits work perfectly fine with the Lucas' mod launcher, but when i load in your mod my edits don't appear to be used/get ignored. Like it would just load in a default level and leveli config.
Any help would be amazing :D
[deleted user]
2 yrs ago (Statistics)
The quoted post is unavailable.

For starters, you should never edit your game files directly, create a separate mod folder and edit the files there
Secondly, the edits didn't appear because the Connected Map takes higher priority and overrides them

Hey!

How would i prevent it from overriding it and taking priority?
And like im great with computers, but when it comes to gaming & mods im lost aha, im more of a server, backend etc sort of person, how would i go about doing a separate mod folder?
And is there any way for me to make them both work, my edits and the connected map
[deleted user]
2 yrs ago (Statistics)

Well, you could fuse the mods together, since the connected map is more of a resource, and thus, decompilable
To make a mod - you need to simply create a folder inside another one titled "Mods", and have a special file called "Meta.ini" inside. You can skim through lots of user-made tutorials to see exactly how to create mods
I'd also recommend checking out Kenny's Basic Mod Template too!
Nice work.
How do you plan to implement missions and other characters?
I have a suggestion for when you get there - it'd be cool to see environmental lighting. Especially evening and night.

!!Important!! For those who are reading this and want to download this mod, make sure your vanilla game is at level one; otherwise it'll crash.

sounds all very complex, although it being my first time, so that's to be expected.

So if i were to fuse them together, that theorecticly should work?
[deleted user]
2 yrs ago (Statistics)

Precisely
You'd have to edit level.mfk and leveli.mfk files in detail, since the connected map overwrites them, so, let's say you've changed the starting vehicle in your mod, but in the connected map it isn't changed, you'll have to manually reapply this change in order for it to work
Modding this game can get really tricky at times, but with enough practice you'll get the hang out of it! Your more server-ish side could actually help, since the MFK language is extremely simple