Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Audi R8 Conversion

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@uturn I didn't add them, they are left over from the original Ferrini model. For some reason they won't move when I edit the co-ordinates in bart_v.
Wow very nice indeed, perhaps some chrome looking wheels?
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I filled the mesh with three cuboids in Blender and re-imported it so the car is no longer hollow.

I re-sized the shadow in Car Shadow Adjuster.

I aligned the headlights by changing the co-ordinates of "hll" and "hlr" in the "bart_v" skeleton (thanks @Loren Goodwin).

I aligned the break-lights by changing the co-ordinates of "brake1", "brake2", "brake3" and "brake4" in the "bart_v" skeleton (thanks @Loren Goodwin).

I aligned the reverse lights by changing the co-ordinates of "rev1", "rev2", "reve3" and "rev4" in the "bart_v" skeleton (thanks @Loren Goodwin).

I found that you can reload the files without reloading the entire game by changing level, which saves a lot of time.

Still left to do:
- Fix player exit bug (any help?)
- Fix collision model (maybe)
- Add the vehicle without replacing Bart's Ferrini (thanks @jrburger95)

(Continued further down)
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I added the vehicle without replacing Bart's Ferrini so it can now be purchased from Gil in Level 1 for 500 coins. I followed @jrburger95's advice:

As for how to add the car in to the game without replacing another you have to download lucas car renamer, then rename the .p3d to something no other car is using, then open the file with the car renamer and set the index to a number not used by any other car. After that you have to give the file a internal name (I reccomened checking "use .p3d file name). After this you have to put the model in art/frontend/dyanload/cars (make sure there is still a model in the normal cars folder. After that you just have to edit the reward.mfk and add the car to a gil store. Finally you should be able to buy the car from gil.

At first the CustomText wouldn't show up in-game.

The CustomText needs to be in capitals to show up (even though the actual internal name isn't)

[CustomText]
AUDI_R8=Audi R8

At first the phonebooth picture would either show an incorrect picture or would show nothing and crash the game.

Vehicle Renamer doesn't work on image files so I had to manually rename the .png file for the image to show up and not crash the game.

I removed the unused shaders and textures from the Ferrini model in bart_v.p3d.

Still left to do:
- Fix player exit bug (any help?)
- Fix collision model (maybe)

(Continued further down)
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I added a custom icon to the mod by adding a .png file (renamed to icon.png) to the root of the mod folder (thanks @EternalHD). The picture must have equal length and height or you will receive an error.

I made the mod compilable and decompiable by adding the following to Meta.ini

[Compile]
OutputPath=AudiR8.lmlm
Decompilable=1

I compiled the mod into a single .lmlm file by right-clicking on it in the launcher and selecting Compile.

(Continued further down)
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I still need to fix the physics and collision model but this can't be done yet (hopefully it can soon with new mod tools) so I have released v1.0 of the Audi R8. You can download it here. The thread also gives instructions on how to decompile the mod for use in your own research/mods/modpacks etc. (just remember to give credit and link back to that thread).

I hope this had been an interesting read and can help you in making your own Hit & Run car mods.

ahmetsalih] (Audi R8 Model)
Jake Andreøli (Player visibility)
Loren Goodwin (Wheels and lights alignment)
jrburger95 (Entrance/exit transitions, door visibility, adding the R8 as a new vehicle)
Gibstack (Door visibility)
EternalHD (Custom mod icon)
Lucas Cardellini (Give this man a medal)
Is there any way you can remove wheels? Because I tried importing a Super Sheep model and positioning the wheels in the same location, but this unholy monstrosity popped up.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@Nodog438 you can 'remove' the wheels by replacing the wheel mesh with a blank .obj file. Creating something like a .txt file and renaming the extension to .obj will cause framerate problems (mesh corruption). To make a blank .obj just open up Blender (or your 3D modelling program of choice), make sure there are no meshes loaded and export to .obj.

I've had problems getting textures to allign/scale properly on imported models? How did you import the Sheep's texture?

Keep us posted with your progress :)
Instead of Blender, I used Misfit Model 3D.
Imported the .obj, go to groups > edit materials, import body texture
then groups > edit groups, create new group, selected all the faces of the obj, assigned texture to the group of faces.

Then I replaced the atv.bmp with the body texture. Thanks for the support on the wheels, but the sheep's legs spin all over the place when driving it.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@Nodog438 thanks for that :)

It sounds like the sheep's legs have replaced the wheel mesh.

Are they still part of *car*_vShape or are they replacing the wheel mesh?

If you are still having problems and if you don't mind, can you send me your files so I can have a look?