Forum Mod Bakery Docs

L1M3 crashes my game

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
"since I don't have my original install of the game."

So you at one point legally owned the game, correct? This is my main concern at the moment. You may have gotten the current version you have from elsewhere, but my main question is did you at one point own the original game. Even if this other source is clean, it helps a lot to know if your "original" installation was straight from the CDs.

Again though, we cannot recreate the issues you're having with the launcher. We highly recommend trying to redownload the mod, the launcher, and doing another fresh install of the game. The save file you gave us works just fine with the mod, the launcher, and my legal copy of the game. Nobody else has reported these issues, so we have a feeling something on your end is corrupted. So just delete everything and try again, then if the game appears to work, you can grab your old save you uploaded from MEGA and resume from there. 

To add to to Loren's statement below, we'd still greatly appreciate the gzip that Lucas' Hit & Run Verifier outputs for multiple reasons. Hit & Run had multiple releases and we use the English version to mod the game. That file would at least give us an idea of what .exe you have with you, along with other things related to the mod that's not directly visible that Lucas can read and allow us to pinpoint the issue. So we highly recommend you run the Verifier again and save the output, then upload it to MEGA. We cannot help you much more if we're unable to get that I'm afraid.

If you don't feel comfortable uploading the entire gzip, you can also copy the contents shown in the log window, and paste them to a website such as pastebin.
"And with the lucas install verifier, like I said, the only thing it told me besides startup and finishing messages, and that all the Hacks/... and Mods/... files were 'unexpected' nothing different or corrupted was found."

Gibstack, can you please stop posting a truncated version of the output of the install verifier and actually upload the full contents of what it gives you like we've asked you to a few times now? We can't actually help you figure this out if you're not doing what we ask you to.
pastebin.com/XmZaSuMx

The only things that are remotely interesting are the "simpsons.ini (it appears to just be controls/settings) and that it says "recognized exeutable: simpsons.exe" or something.

To kenny, yes, I did at one point own the original game.

Also, when I saved the file it gave me with the verifier, I never got a gzip. When I tried to open  it, it was 1. not ".gzip" and 2. it said the file is in unknown format or damaged. Should I still upload it, or would it just give the same info as the pastebin link?

Edit: On my non legal copy, the game does the same thing on that mission, L1M3 in DM3.. Everything else works on that copy the same as it does on my original.
Thank you. I don't see any problems from that log either but just to be safe, can you please move Lucas Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher.exe, its Hacks folder and its Mods folder out of your game directory to somewhere else on your computer (to prevent them from being included in the output) and run Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Install Verifier again and send me the output file from it? You can send me the file directly using this Dropbox file requset (it does not require a Dropbox account) or you can use another service like MEGA if you prefer.

By default, the file should be named the name of your computer followed by "Lucas Simpsons Hit & Run Differences.lsp.gz" however Windows may not show the ".gz" if you have Hide extensions for known file types enabled which is the default. You may be able to open gzip files depending on what programs you have installed on your computer but the LSP file inside it is my own format and no publically available program will be able to open it. You don't need to open it, it just contains the log and other information about your game directory including copies of any contained files it finds and doesn't recognise (shown in the log with an asterisk).

Can you please try version 1.10.1 of Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher (assuming that you have the issue with a version of Donut Mod that supports it)?

Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher does not need to be in your game directory; however, it shouldn't cause any problems if it is, but can you please try it from another location just in case?

Was Donut Mod the only mod in the mods list enabled when having the issue? If not, what other mods did you have enabled and can you please try it with no other mods enabled. You can use the Enabled category to make sure all enabled mods are listed (even any you've hidden).

Yours sincerely,
Lucas Cardellini
Thank you. I don't see any problems from that log either but just to be safe, can you please move Lucas Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher.exe, its Hacks folder and its Mods folder out of your game directory to somewhere else on your computer (to prevent them from being included in the output) and run Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Install Verifier again and send me the output file from it? You can send me the file directly using this Dropbox file requset (it does not require a Dropbox account) or you can use another service like MEGA if you prefer. I will do that when I get the chance.

Can you please try version 1.10.1 of Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher (assuming that you have the issue with a version of Donut Mod that supports it)? Could not load the mod "Donut Mod" due to IncreasedVideoResolutionSupport not existing.

Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher does not need to be in your game directory; however, it shouldn't cause any problems if it is, but can you please try it from another location just in case? And this.

Was Donut Mod the only mod in the mods list enabled when having the issue? If not, what other mods did you have enabled and can you please try it with no other mods enabled. You can use the Enabled category to make sure all enabled mods are listed (even any you've hidden). Donut Mod is the only mod enabled. 
The new version of Donut Mod requires version 1.11 of Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher. Do you still have a copy of the old version of Donut Mod you can try with version 1.10.1 of Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher?

Yours sincerely,
Lucas Cardellini
If you dont have the original version do you still hear the music in game? Cause if you dont have it will be a problem since its only 200mb or do you have sounds music? if yes not this problem then. if no then this is indeed the problem
@SomeoneIKnow's suggestion, based on the information we've gathered so far, it's very unlikely at this point Gibstack's issues are being caused by his current installation, especially considering his past one had similar issues.

That being said, when you do get the chance to run the Verifier again Gibstack, please let us know if you're going to upload to another source such as MEGA rather than the Dropbox link Lucas provided. We appreciate your patience, and I'm sure we're at least on the right track to figuring out what the deal is with the game!
I actually just crashed on L1M3 while playing the Summerside update too. I was on a brand new save, and the only extra hacks I had enabled were Frame Limiter set to 60 (without it, map chunks fail to load properly on my pc), and Widescreen 1280x600.
@thundergivesmeglee, what sort of frame rate do you usually get when not using Frame Limiter? What do you mean by "map chunks"? Do you mean entire region files (things like this)? What exactly do you mean by "fail to load properly"? Not load at all? Take a long time to load? Or have some sort of other issue once loaded?

At what point did it crash for you, @thundergivesmeglee? Does it crash every time you try it?

Does using Frame Limiter with Limit While On Loading Screens ticked in its settings mitigate the crash? You should also try that, @gibstack693.

Yours sincerely,
Lucas Cardellini