Forum Mod Bakery Docs

L1M3 crashes my game

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
@Lucas I recall getting around 60-70 and yes, that is what I meant by map chunks, and they took a little while to load a lot of the time. Oddly enough though, I ran the game raw, no hacks, mods enabled, didn't launch through Mod Launcher, and everything was fine again. As far as L1M3 goes, I have only tried it once and if it crashes again, I'll let you know immediately. 
I give up trying to solve my problem. I got a new save at L3M1 that has everything unlocked from the original game up to that point, so I'm able to get everything else I need. I've played M2 and M3 of level 3 so far, and the changes in DM3 are very cool. A shame that my original almost 100% save on DM3 is unusable for me, but oh well. Somebody else has my same problem, but I fixed it for myself, so I'm happy.
Okay, thank you, @thundergivesmeglee. I wouldn't expect 60-70 frames a second to cause any issues with the game, especially with file loading. On computers with two or more processor cores, running Windows Vista or newer, the game takes a really long time to load files. This can be worked around by forcing the game to run on a single processor core which is one of the things compatibility mode for Windows 95/98 does. My launcher includes a hack that is always enabled called Modern Computer Support that fixes this issue.

@thundergivesmeglee, did it crash for you when starting the mission or partway through?

Yours sincerely,
Lucas Cardellini
@Lucas, it crashed on me as soon as I finished L1M2. I was lucky to save my game right before the crash.
@thundergivesmeglee, can you please download Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Install Verifier, if "Lucas Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher.exe", its "Hacks" folder or its "Mods" folder are in your game directory, move them elsewhere, open "Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Install Verifier.exe", click Start, wait for it to complete, save the file it prompts to save and if the save isn't more than a few tens of megabytes, send it to me with this Dropbox file request (it does not require a Dropbox account) otherwise if it is more than a few tens of megabytes, just give me the contents of the log displayed on the window after it completes using a site like Pastebin.com?

I doubt the issue is a problem with your game install, especally since @gibstack693 had the same issue with two different installs, but this will tell me everything about your game directory and its contents which should help to replicate the issue, especially if you have a version of the game I haven't seen before.

Yours sincerely,
Lucas Cardellini
@Lucas, the program crashes after it gives me the option to save it and it doesn't save anything after
@thundergivesmeglee, does it give you any details about the crash?

Do you have a DLL file in the same folder as it called "LucasStuff.dll" and/or "LucasStuff.Radical.dll"? Those DLL files are not supposed to be distributed as they are embedded in any tools that need them and them being in the same folder as a tool will cause it to load the version in the folder rather than the embedded version which can cause issues if the one in the folder isn't the correct version for the tool.

Yours sincerely,
Lucas Cardellini
@Lucas I have none of those DLLs in my folder and it gives me no details about the crash
@thundergivesmeglee, can I please have a screenshot of the crash? Can you please also include the program window and, if possible, the log in the screenshot?

EDIT: What version of Windows are you using?

Yours sincerely,
Lucas Cardellini
Was having the same problem as OP, frame limiter fixed it for me with limit at 60 frames and limited while on loading screens. Does this fix it for you?