Forum Mod Bakery Docs

lucas' mod launcher is giving me trouble PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
okay! so I downloaded the mod launcher awhile ago and it is starting to give me problems. First I created a mod then it says that my mods couldn't be found even after deleting them, it thinks the files are still there and then I downloaded santa homer on youtube from a link nightbane games gave out and I deleted that folder to troubleshoot a mod I was making, here is the link to the video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE7Cv4BsH1k&t=1s and yes it was decompilable but now it is just saying compile and I can't decompile it for some reason. it was decompilable awhile ago. so then with me being stupid and my bad luck I deleted all the registry keys for the donut team mod launcher under lucas stuff folder in the registry, now I am getting permission errors and I do not know what to do. the reason I was editing the santa homer mod that was decompilable was because I have been trying to port pilgrim homer from the main menu as an actual character but I keep failing. please help me. any help would be greatly appreciated.
So i'm gonna dissect this message because there's a lot of information here and try to reply in blocks. I'd appreciate if when you replied you quote me on each thing and break it up into sections, as it helps the conversation flow easier and we get things done quicker :)

First I created a mod then it says that my mods couldn't be found even after deleting them, it thinks the files are still there
A screenshot of the error would be helpful as it probably means something other than you're understanding. Some of the messages are vague.

To attach a screenshot in a post, put something like this with the url in this replaced with your path.
[img]https://imgur.com/path/to/image.png[/img]

yes it was decompilable but now it is just saying compile and I can't decompile it for some reason.
If you right-click on the mod and click on "Show In File Explore", does it show a folder? If so, that's why. It's already decompiled. Already decompiled mods do not have a way to decompile them, just compile.

so then with me being stupid and my bad luck I deleted all the registry keys for the donut team mod launcher under lucas stuff folder in the registry, now I am getting permission errors and I do not know what to do.
Permission errors? I need a screenshot of this as well, since I have no clue what you're referring to. You should never delete anything from your registry without explicit directions from the publisher of the software.

The registry has data that lets your computer boot, deleting random things is extremely bad. But in this case, it's not nearly as bad.

One more thing to mention is you should always press the "Reload" button after modifying anything in Lucas' Mod Launcher.
If you right-click on the mod and click on "Show In File Explore", does it show a folder? If so, that's why. It's already decompiled. Already decompiled mods do not have a way to decompile them, just compile

It was decompiled at one point but it thinks the directory i still there even after deleting it..i did that and the shows a directory. but the directory is gone. it thinks I still have it. it gives me a similar error like when you hit the forward/back buttons in file explorer and the folder is deleted when you go to that directory. it thinks the file is still on the computer when it is not. it will show you a similar error since the mod launcher is unusable, this is the error I get when I click on show in file explorer
Here is the error I get every time I open the launcher
but if I click show in explorer the same thing happens.

Permission errors? I need a screenshot of this as well, since I have no clue what you're referring to. You should never delete anything from your registry without explicit directions from the publisher of the software.
The registry has data that lets your computer boot, deleting random things is extremely bad. But in this case, it's not nearly as bad.

I know that about the registry.I never delete anything like the windows registry files. I can tell whether something is a system file and I never delete anything really random. I just do that to fix some problems. like the problem I mentioned where it thinks the meta.ini is still there when it is not there. when I delete something, it thinks I still have it. here is the error I get when I try to launch the game or do anything in the launcher

If you look at my files, those files are not in the mods folder
but it thinks they are. I guess the only way around it is to reinstall windows all together.
Have you restarted your computer? As similar issues on Windows 10 can be potentially fixed by doing this.
The permission errors are somehow gone because I hit download on edge when I downloaded the mod launcher and then extracted it to my downloads folder instead of clicking run and extracting the launcher to a temp directory. I don't know how that could of possibly helped but that section of the problem is gone.
Have you restarted your computer? As similar issues on Windows 10 can be potentially fixed by doing this.
I always shutdown the computer when windows is running. I never fully shut it down. somewhere I read that it is bad for computers to do a hard shutdown. maybe I need to do a command to scan for errors on the disk like sfc /scannow in the command prompt to fix sector errors and then restart or scan for malware. that could possibly be the problem I don't know. and if those things don't help I might have to reinstall windows or if possible, take extreme measures like replacing my hard drive depending on the severity of the problem.
This post has been removed.
6 yrs ago (Statistics)