Forum Mod Bakery Docs

PS4 Edition! Sign away please!

This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.
www.change.org/p/matt-groening-simpsons-hit-run-remastered
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
This is unfortunately very unlikely to happen. The rightsholder to this game is unknown and it would be a legal mess for any developer to try and make it, for starters.
So, petitions rarely work in this sense. If you're petitioning an organisation or a government, that is more likely to work than petitioning a random company. Not only that, the linked petition is targeting Matt Groening who surely has nothing to do with any game development or rights-holding towards this game.

The Simpsons: Hit & Run is almost surely never going to be released on any new hardware/platforms in any official capacity. I could be proven wrong, but at this point I do not see it happening.

There's several issues with it:
  • Radical Entertainment is defunct
  • Vivendi sold its game division to Activision.
  • EA owns the rights to make/release any Simspons game
  • Gracie Films/Fox owns the rights to approve these games and the content.
  • Disney is in the process of buying all of Fox's assets, including The Simpsons and all of its games.
  • The source code is probably long gone. It wasn't uncommon for smaller studios not to back things up at this time. Now with cloud storage, anyone can back anything up, but at the time it was very expensive.
  • Fox is most likely aware of how many people want this and decided it is not worth the development time and cost.
  • Porting a game to new hardware is a difficult feat, especially one that all the developers who worked on it have moved on and there's no reference point of where to start.

Final note, I also do understand why you posted this here, but this is a modding community based around the PC version of the game.

I'm going to lock this topic now as I feel like it has run its course.

Cheers,
Jake