Forum Mod Bakery Docs

More Springfield Landmarks

Please login to contribute to the conversation.

This mod will replace some of the generic buildings of all 3 main areas of the base levels by other buildings from the show that didn't make onto Hit & run.

One of the main attractions of The Simpsons Hit & run is being able to explore the home of our favourite yellow family, althought the game has already the most iconic and essential buildings, I decided to add more to "embigger" the inmersion and the feeling of a more complete Springfield.
This mod will be just cosmetic, so possible seemingly expanded areas would not be explorable, at least at the moment.

I try to put buildings making sense with each area and will try to locate them like it was depicted in the show, unless is not possible for space reasons.
The models are mostly from road rage and other sources, will try to adapt them to the style of Hit & run

Obviously adding every single building from the show is impossible, so I ill add only from seasons 1-14, If you know a building you want to see feel free to tell me.

Credits to Donut Team for extracting the Road Rage models used and Kahn from Jkhub for some building models that I will use.

Screenshots
Spoiler
Wow, this is great! 😀
Can't wait to see these released someday
1. You are actually doing what I've always wanted to do, but I just don't have the skills. Nice work. Your Mall looks way better than the one from Road Rage though, how did you improve it so much?

2. I'm guessing the Springfield Mall is out-of-bounds? Still nice to see in Hit & Run though, maybe if you could at least walk up to the front of it?

3. Depending on what resources you have access to, I've always wanted to see Evergreen Terrace include more recognisable houses from the series. Frink, Lovejoy, Van Houten, & Skinner's houses to be specific.

4. I don't expect it to be possible, but could the Springfield Gorge from Road Rage be added to Map 3 in Hit & Run somewhere?

5. I don't recall any other game including the Springfield Sign, but I really hate the default placement for it in Hit & Run. It's supposed to sit on a hill high above Springfield so it can be seen everywhere. But it's location in Hit & Run is buried in a crevasse behind Krustylu where nobody can see it. I'm not quite sure where I'd move it to, but I'd definitely have it somewhere up high, maybe in Map 2 on a custom hill behind the Courthouse. But if you're intending to use this mod with the default story, then I'd still keep a copy of the default Sign in Level 3 for the purpose of Milhouse's Mission.

6. I've always preferred the Powerplant in Road Rage, it's layout is actually more accurate to the show and doesn't just restrict you to the carpark. I know it's probably not possible to replace the Hit & Run Powerplant with the Road Rage one, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Spoiler
7. I can't wait to go to the Box Factory! So excited, I'm gonna drive Otto's Bus and sing: "Ninety-Nine Boxes of Bottles of Beer on the wall".

8. What game did you get "The Frying Dutchman" from? Because that looks like a very detailed and highly rendered model. There's no way it's Road Rage's version.
1. You are actually doing what I've always wanted to do, but I just don't have the skills. Nice work. Your Mall looks way better than the one from Road Rage though, how did you improve it so much?

2. I'm guessing the Springfield Mall is out-of-bounds? Still nice to see in Hit & Run though, maybe if you could at least walk up to the front of it?

3. Depending on what resources you have access to, I've always wanted to see Evergreen Terrace include more recognisable houses from the series. Frink, Lovejoy, Van Houten, & Skinner's houses to be specific.

4. I don't expect it to be possible, but could the Springfield Gorge from Road Rage be added to Map 3 in Hit & Run somewhere?

5. I don't recall any other game including the Springfield Sign, but I really hate the default placement for it in Hit & Run. It's supposed to sit on a hill high above Springfield so it can be seen everywhere. But it's location in Hit & Run is buried in a crevasse behind Krustylu where nobody can see it. I'm not quite sure where I'd move it to, but I'd definitely have it somewhere up high, maybe in Map 2 on a custom hill behind the Courthouse. But if you're intending to use this mod with the default story, then I'd still keep a copy of the default Sign in Level 3 for the purpose of Milhouse's Mission.

6. I've always preferred the Powerplant in Road Rage, it's layout is actually more accurate to the show and doesn't just restrict you to the carpark. I know it's probably not possible to replace the Hit & Run Powerplant with the Road Rage one, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Spoiler
7. I can't wait to go to the Box Factory! So excited, I'm gonna drive Otto's Bus and sing: "Ninety-Nine Boxes of Bottles of Beer on the wall".

8. What game did you get "The Frying Dutchman" from? Because that looks like a very detailed and highly rendered model. There's no way it's Road Rage's version.

1. Thanks, I edited the Road Rage Mall model on blender, I made it taller, edited the sign ,the textures and the UVs

2. Yes it is,at least at the moment, I don't want to touch any thing that affect the gamepla but if I get better with collissions I could try to make it walkable, same with the Mini Golf course.

3. Yes, I want to add all those houses.

4. Don't know how I could implement it, the best place would be the Observatory/Dam road but not sure at the moment.

5. I can´t move it for story reasons as you said,I will see what I can do with that.

6. It would be very complicated, specially taking in count the interior, and there is a lot of missions that takes you to the Power plant, so it would affect them.

Spoiler
7. That trip sure may well prove fascinating, but is sad we can't see a finished box since they assemble them in Michigan.

8. The model is from The Simpsons Game, someone updoaded the map of the level Shadow of the Colossal Donut,where The Flying Dutchman appears, on Sketchfab, It didn.t camewith textures but since I had to adapt it to Hit & Run artstyle anyway it wasn't a problem
1. I've been trying to figure out how to use Blender for years. I'd love to use it to make my own Hit & Run Mods, but for every step forward I take, I'm knocked back 3 steps.

2. The funny thing about that Golf Course is, even in Road Rage when I'm driving past it just looks like a castle with missing textures.

3. I know Frink, Skinner, & Lovejoy's houses exist in The Simpsons Game, but I'm not sure where to find a decent model of the Van Houten House, as the one in Road Rage is extremely oversized and has 2 floors instead of 1. Unless you can edit that one like you did with the Mall? And give it a copy of one of the Simpsons' Bay Windows since it seems to be missing that too.

4. That sounds like a good idea.

5. Yeah I'd leave the Map 3 Sign where it is, but surely a duplicate Sign can be added in Map 2 on a hill behind the Courthouse, this one doesn't need to be accessible, just visible and up high.

6. Yeah, if I ever figure out how to use Blender, I'll definitely be switching out the Powerplant myself, but it'll have to be a mod with the Campaign disabled because I have no idea how to redirect mission objectives. Though I'd be switching out the Powerplant on the Fully Connected Map Mod, as I've got plans to make a lot of custom roads to make the layout feel less linear overall.

Spoiler
7. Just remember to leave the blinds closed, I don't want to see anything unrelated to boxes.

8. Isn't there also a generic version without a sign on the boardwalk in Open World Springfield in TSG? Edit: There is, and it's green?

Ideally what I want to do is swap out as many of the Hit & Run Models with The Simpsons Game Models.
These are just a few examples.

And obviously some of them aren't in Hit & Run so I'd have to clear out a space or just wedge them in somewhere, but I think these models would update the game a little, make it look better.

I'd recolour the Powers' House to be blue though. I'd also replace a few of the generic Houses with Skinner, Frink, Lovejoy, & Hibbert's Houses, then replace all the other generic Houses with the Brown, Purple, & Yellow houses.

Id make a copy of the Powers' House then use the textures from the Muntz House to make it look like the Szyslak's House. Then I'd make a copy of the Muntz House and make it look more like the Spuckler's House. Then I'd probably take the Brown house and apply the textures from the Muntz House to replace all the generic houses in the Trailer Park area.

Though I have not taken pictures, I would use all the generic nameless buildings from TSG to replace all the generic nameless buildings in H&R.

Personally, I'd pick your Mall over TSG's Mall, I'd definitely use the Gorge from Road Rage, I'd use the Powerplant from Road Rage but definitely spend some time updating it's design and textures... And as for anything I can't find a replacement for, I guess I'd heavily modify the closest building in TSG that matches the building I want to replace.
I didn't notice htat was a reskin of the frying dutchman, and at the moment I ill be focusing on adding new buildings but I definitely use as much from the SImpsonsgame as possible, since it has high quality models

And about the Van Houten house this is the only model I found
I didn't notice htat was a reskin of the frying dutchman, and at the moment I ill be focusing on adding new buildings but I definitely use as much from the SImpsonsgame as possible, since it has high quality models

And about the Van Houten house this is the only model I found

Where did you find that? It's perfect. I don't think I've seen that in any Simpsons Games.

This is what it looks like in Road Rage:
Which is completely wrong.
Is surprisingly a background building from the Shadow of the Colossal Donut level I mentioned earlier, If you have seen the minigames of the wii prototype of the Simpsons Game, it seems like both The Van Houten House and The Hospital were planned to be in The Simpsons Game but were discarded.

Yes, the Road Rage one doesn't look like in the show and is if I recall correct,is not the only building that doesn't look like it's TV counterpart.
I can't believe they had a model for the Van Houten House and the Hospital but didn't include them in the final game.

You're lucky, having access to all this stuff and being able to mod it all into Hit & Run.

I've followed every tutorial including text based, screenshots, videos and combinations of all 3, but either their screenshots don't match mine, the text isn't specific enough for me to follow, or their Windows 10 set up looks nothing like mine.

Either way it would be nice to be able to make my own mods so I don't have to hound others for mods all the time, but I guess I'm just a Bart Simpson when it comes to learning.