Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The Simpsons Hit and Run: Finale Spectacular

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hey Donut Team community, it's Max Power!

As some of you know, I've been working on a mod for The Simpsons Hit and Run, now formally called the Finale Spectacular. The mod completely revamps Level 7, adding new traffic, missions, and cars. For those of you that think that level 7 is a disappointment after the difficulty of level 6, Finale Spectacular revamps all the level 7 missions and makes them more difficult and less repetitive. For those of you that think the Halloween traffic in level 7 is cheesy, this mod adds a new dystopian traffic group featuring the previously undrivable Cell Phone Car and Cube Van. For those of you dying to drive the cool black alien car from level 7, head on over to Gil and go undercover! All the previous level 7 cars will be obtainable, save for a new bonus car.

This mod is in the process of development, and the alpha build should be ready by the end of the month AT THE LATEST. However, for this mod to be a success, I will need some help from all of you.

First of all, I am currently creating the mod by modifying a copy of my game files (save for CutomText which is currently part of the actual mod). I therefore require assistance converting the mod from my game files into an actual .lmlm file for easy distribution. Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated!

Next, I need some Alpha Testers. I currently want them to be limited to three or four experienced Hit and Run players and modders to provide educated feedback on my mission design and modding skills, but come the release of the Beta I will open this number up to seven or eight. Anyone who wants to be an Alpha Tester please respond to this post and say briefly why you think you'd be a good alpha tester. The first four that I post that I deem acceptable will be notified when the alpha build is ready and will be sent a copy of the mod.

Lastly, can anyone do a good Mr. Burns impression? I need a few Mr. Burns lines for my story to make sense! Anyone that is willing to record some lines for me will automatically get a copy of the Alpha and Beta versions of the mod, and will have my love forever! Post below to apply, and may the best impression win!

Cheers!
Maximum_Powerdrive
This honestly sounds very cool. Great ideas in place here and I can't wait to see it.
I would love to be an alpha tester; I have experience with playtesting for DT alone (If you've seen the most recent release of DT (shameless self advertisement)) and would love to playtest for your mod as well since I have plenty of free time to do so, and I know enough about modding the game myself so that I could help you with any issues or help you design some parts of your mod.

As far as your mod itself is concerned, I'm a little confused. Do you have Lucas Mod Launcher and are you using that to run it? Or are you using the base game's exe in a copy of the game to play the changes that you make?
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hey Gibstack!

You've been very helpful to me so far and I would love to have you as an alpha tester! Any help with the mod would be greatly appreciated!

As for your question, everything I've done so far is a modified version of my game's copy files, except for my customtext, which I use a mod for. I'm looking to have everything put into the mod.
When you launch the game to test your mod, do you use "Simpsons.exe" or "Lucas Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher.exe"?
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Always the mod launcher.
Alright, so you should have everything in one folder that's in your Mods folder, then, right? The path should be, assuming you're using mfk format:

Mods/ <--- this is from the Lucas Mod Launcher install
Yourmodhere/ <--- folder containing your mod
CustomFiles/
scripts <-- contains your level07 scripts (not shown here)
art <--- contains your mx.p3d files (edit: whoops I forgot to have this folder here before)
CustomText.ini
Meta.ini
(Possibly other ini's)

If this is what it looks like, there's one more step that you need to take for compiling your mod: in your Meta.ini, create a new line with this:

[Compile]

That's all you need! Then, go into Lucas Mod Launcher, hit compile, and it should give you a window where you can save your new lmlm anywhere.

Edit: Looking at this after posting it, it doesn't look right at all in post.. hopefully it still looks something like that for you regardless. Oops.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Do my custom m#.p3d files go in the folder with the scripts?'
It doesn't really matter where they go or what they're called since the load file references them. But they should probably go somewhere in art.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Thanks for the help Loren and Gibstack, I'll test this out once I've finished the alpha build!