Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The Simpsons Hit and Run: Finale Spectacular

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@SomeBot Don't worry my friend, I have something special planned.

@Gibstack Thanks for the info, I'll use this next time I have an image to upload!

Also, can anyone help me on changing the music in a level? I have the rcf explorer and the rsd converter but I don't know how to actually change the music that plays in a mission. Any tips would be awesome.
For changing music, are you trying to add music used in another level, or is it all music that can be found in level 7? If it's the former, well, it's really freaking complicated to explain, but there's a post on it here (scroll down) donutteam.com/forum/topic/132/ If you're looking to use music already in the level, you can use these in your mission stages

StageStartMusicEvent("MX_start")
StageStartMusicEvent("MX_drama")

Replace the X with a mission to use music from another mission, so using m6_start will play the song that plays in that mission (it's also in l1m2 and l4m1). Using m6_drama in this case will work, and it will play a normally unheard (I think...? It might be used in l4m1 I'm not sure) sort of a "part 2" of the normal song. It can vary with each song so play around with it.

As far as the tutorial above, I have been able to do that myself in my own mod (replacing l1m1 and l1m7's music with music from the vanilla l2 and from the Simpsons Wrestling game) so it's very possible. However, at the same time it can be hard to make work right and I wouldn't recommend making it a required part of your mod - if you look at my mod page (shameless plug <3) I have a CustomMusic mod and the main mod seperate, because the CustomMusic can cause issues that haven't really been solved yet.. Just be careful with it. I also think you need approval by Jake for it to actually be published (I'm not really sure on this.. that's why I recommend making it seperate from the main mod :P)
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Thanks Gibstack, I tried this out and it worked great! I was planning on having music from other levels in level 7 but I think with that being as difficult as you described that the current music will be sufficient.

Now how about dialogue? I noticed that dialogue doesn't play unless it's already supposed to be in the mission you play it in. Any tips on that?

EDIT: I would also love to look at your mod page, but could you tell me where to find it?
donutteam.com/forum/topic/348/ - My mod! Feel free to play up to level 1. I think it's pretty good >self praise<

Now how about dialogue? <--- If you want custom dialogue: first, if you don't have it already, grab Audacity. Next, again if you don't already have it, grab the RSD converter from the Mods page. These two will be valuable if you want to make any custom dialogue. For that, you will need to extract existing RSDs from the game's dialog.rcf files, found on the base SHAR folder, modify them with Audacity (or some other audio editor) then reconvert them back into RSDs.

If you don't want custom dialogue, congratulations, you don't need two of those. What you will need is the RSD converter (also found on the mods page), a pre-existing file in the game as well as a new ini to add to your mod folder. First, download the RSD converter, then use it to open the file "scripts.rcf" found in the main simpsons hit and run folder where the base game's exe is kept. Find dialog.spt, extract it, then make a new folder in your CustomFiles: CustomFiles/sound/scripts/dialog.spt <- this is where you place the newly extracted file. Leave that be for a minute.

Next, we need to make a new ini called "CustomFiles.ini" In it, make a new heading called [PathRedirections].

conversations\\c_camealong_1_convinit_clt_l1.rsd=homer\\w_greeting_hom_01.rsd

Start by copying one of these under PathRedirections. Here, the first part (seperated by the = sign) is the new filename (YOu don't actually make a new file btw, it just references a new filename). The second part is the file it references. So, if you look in dialog.rcf, go into the folder homer, you will find a matching rsd called "w_greeting_hom_01.rsd".

I'll edit this another time with more help; sorry I'm a bit tired. There may be a couple of resources on the Mod Tutorials section (Top of DT Forum page --> Boards)
Sweet!!! Where can i get the mod to test it?
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@The Butter Donut

Are you talking to me or Gibstack? If you're talking to me then unfortunately the mod isnt up for testing yet, but you're one of my alpha testers so when the alpha goes live you will be notified and sent a copy :)
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@Gibstack

That's a good start, but I'm not really clear on where to go from there. Do I have to put something in the new file?

Also, I played some of A Day In The Life. The concept is brilliant, and I never thought I'd like a mod with the Pickup Truck as a default car! The missions are refreshingly challenging without being overly frusterating as well.
@max_power998 Sorry but just one more question, will it be sent by email or what?
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@The Butter Donut

It's totally fine. When I'm finished with the alpha version of the mod I will create a thread alerting the members of the community, and I will ask you, Gibstack, and a possible third or fourth alpha tester to give me their emails. After that, any questions, complaints, or feedback from you guys will go in the thread.
@max_power998 Sounds good!!!