Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The Simpsons Hit and Run: Finale Spectacular

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
This may be of interest to you, Max Power:

A while ago, with the help of Loren, I was able to recreate a really old version of Level 7 that we had planned for the mod. It restores the Rich Side of Level 7 by swapping it's map with Level 4's. I left it open source since I wanted anybody to use it for their modding purposes. The topic for it can be found here. If the concept of using the Rich Side interests you, feel free to use my mod in whatever way you like!

That being said, I really do support the concept of the mod here. I'm afraid I can't really help you with doing a Mr. Burns impression, but have you considered going onto YouTube and finding a decent impersonator? There is one guy who does these reviews of modern Simpsons episodes, and not only does he do a really nice Moe impression, he also does an okay Mr. Burns voice. I'd recommend trying to get in contact with him perhaps:

I can help, however, with some suggestions:

- I'm not really sure if the Cube Van would fit into the atmosphere of Level 7 unless you plan on heavily modifying it. I feel it's too colorful and would stick out with the rest of Level 7's atmosphere. Maybe in motion it'll look nice, but I have to see it first.

- The Cell Phone Car works fine in traffic, but has this really obnoxious ring if you spawn it outside of a mission (which you normally can't hear in Cell Outs for some odd reason - If you have no clue what I'm saying, just add it into traffic and get close to one and listen to that wonderful ringing). I'd recommend trying to remove that so the car is a lot more pleasant to be around. I can give some guidance on that if necessary, but it's nothing too hard.

- Are you sure this mod can be completed within a month? It's not bad to give yourself a time frame to work with and if you think you can do it, go right ahead. I'm a little concerned that a month isn't a whole lot of time to completely redesign a bunch of missions, get some Burns lines, and have the mod thoroughly play-tested in order to work.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hey Kenny!

Thanks for responding to the thread! I'm actually very interested in the level 7 map mod, and I've actually played the default level 7 on it before. My only question is whether I would have to change any of my locators or if they'd still all be in the same place. I will probably still do it even if I have to change the locators but it would be nice if I didn't.

Thanks for linking me with this guy! I'll be sure to watch the vid, and if I think his Burns impression is good enough I'll give him a go!

Regarding the Cube Van and Cell Phone Car, I'm not really sure how I feel about the traffic group I have right now as a whole. Currently it is:

-Cell Phone Car A
-Surveillance Van
-Cube Van
-Cola Truck

I like it because it has lots of massy cars to give the last level that extra bit of challenge, but I'd like feedback on it if possible. I may end up retexturing the Cuba Van since it is sort of bland and doesn't fit the level theme that much. I'm not sure about the Cell Phone Car though. I feel like the ringing gives the leel a creepy feel, but if it's too annoying for the alpha testers I'll probably change it.

I'm not ENTIRELY sure I'll have it done within a month, but I've been working on it for a month already, I haven't just started it. Also keep in mind that the release that s scheduled for the end of the month is the alpha build, and will likely not have any of the voice lines I'm adding.

I'm also having a problem getting a mission objective to not crash the game:

AddStage();
SetStageMessageIndex(06);
SetHUDIcon("barrel");
AddObjective("delivery");
AddCollectible("bombbarrel", "barrel1");
AddCollectible("bombbarrel", "barrel2");
AddCollectible("bombbarrel", "barrel3");
AddCollectible("bombbarrel", "barrel4");
AddCollectible("bombbarrel", "barrel5");
AddCollectible("bombbarrel", "barrel6");
AddCollectible("bombbarrel", "barrel7");
AddCollectible("bombbarrel", "barrel8");
AddCollectible("bombbarrel", "barrel9");
AddCollectible("bombbarrel", "barrel10");
CloseObjective();
CloseStage();

I know the waste barrel isn't meant to be a collectible but I have gotten it to spawn as one before (albeit weird looking), and I also tried it with the donuts from level 4, so I don't think the barrel is the problem here. Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated!
The Bomb Barrel is a state prop which is different from a regular collectible/pickup.

The one used in L1M5 of Donut Mod is a new pickup I made using the mesh from the Bomb Barrel, here's a link to it if you'd like to use it in your mod.

Just put that somewhere and load it in your mission and replace bombbarrel with nuclear_waste in your mission.

EDIT: Updated the stars and particles to actually be in that P3D file because Donut Mod does things a little differently for reasons.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Thanks for the model! I definetely apprecitate it, as the default model I was loading looked really weird when loaded as a collectible.

However, like I said before, I have gotten the default waste to load, so I don't think the actual model is the problem. I loaded up the nuclear_waste model and the game still crashed upon arriving at that objective.
Do the Locator 2 Type 0 chunks named barrel followed by a number exist in one of the P3D files your mission is loading?
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Yes they do, I have a picture of it but I'm not sure how to upload pictures in a post. They exist in the m6.p3d file which my mission loads as it is m6 :p
I've been playing this since I was just a young lad. I can test it if you want.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I'd love to have you on board Butter Donut!
I just hope the last mission isn't just a stupid copy of Pocket Protector.
"Yes they do, I have a picture of it but I'm not sure how to upload pictures in a post."

You can use something like Lightshot app.prntscr.com/en/index.html or whatever works for you, and then just post the link, or as an image.

As a URL: [u:rl]>link to image<[/u:rl]
As an image: [i:mg]>link to image<[/i:mg]
(remove the colons; they're just so you can actually see what I'm writing without it making a url lol)

Note for images, you have to get the direct link for the image for it to show up as the image on the page (I use urls usually to show pictures because it takes up less space, personally)