Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Beta Build Help

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Just a reminder, distributing a PS2 BIOS is piracy. Consider this a warning to those who have given it out.
oh s***, you can download the beta build?
StevensInSpace!:

Yes you can, but that's not what this topic is about. I need help.
maybe try using retroarch
O.K. I actually managed to select the BIOS this time and it worked! I was presented with the main PCSX2 launcher (where you can select things, I assume). How do I run the beta from here?
Open the dropdown menu labelled CDVD, choose ISO Selector, and go to Browse. Navigate to the ISO and select it. Once you've done this, go to the System dropdown and choose either Boot ISO (Full) or Boot ISO (Fast). If I remember correctly, the only difference is that Full shows you the Sony Computer Entertainment and PlayStation 2 screens.
After selecting Browse, it brings up my downloads folder, and not only is a bunch of random stuff that doesn't appear if I reset the downloads folder appear, but the beta build download doesn't, either.
Have you unzipped the RAR file the build came in?
Oh. No I haven't. Wasn't aware that that needed to be unzipped too.
EDIT: It worked! Now I just have to configure controller keys, keyboard keys, etc. and I'm done! Thank you, Homer.

EDIT 2: Once I get past the memory card screen at the beginning, it becomes very laggy. All of xUnknown's instructions for what I should do if if it is laggy have been followed. How do I fix this lag?