Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Hello from a Hit & Run designer

This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.
@SomeBot We've been talking to Radical employees for a few months now, nothing to hide from. They're all awesome and informative. This is the first time however we've had one join our site and interact with the community.

@Noviwan I don't know if it's considered retro, but it's definitely one of the games in the golden era of gaming.
@Noviwan Awesome! I really wish that shar 2 would exist. Also is it true that um level 7 was planned to be all levels togheter?
@Noviwan Welcome abroad Fella! Hoping you enjoy your stay and have fun with everyone's mods! Lovely to see that an actual Radical Employee has joined this website.
Absolutely awesome that you found this small close-knit community! I have one question. What does the .MFK file extension/ programming language even stand for? Many of us have been getting to grips with it and creating our own missions including myself, i've always wondered what MFK stands for.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hmm....Question.....How about L3 M2? "Clueless" Has 3 unused Chases, why did you not completed mission?(I mean "Finish Milhouse locations" etc.)
My hello's, mister Noviwan. Nice to meet you, I guess.
Hello, Noviwan!

As Jake mentioned earlier, I'm part of Donut Mod's development team and worked on the missions seen in Level 3 of the mod, and offered constructive criticism and ideas towards other missions (the cell phone stand idea for L2M7 was actually a suggestion I came up with when we were stumped on ideas to make L2M7 more unique).

I begun working on this mod due to my fond memories with the PlayStation 2 version of the game. Alongside another particular PS2 title, it was my most played PS2 game. The humor was consistently funny, the soundtrack was easily one of the best I've ever heard in a video game, and the gameplay was really simple to "pick up and play", but it offered enough challenge to be fun (Hats off to whoever designed Alien "Auto"topsy Part III!).

Hit & Run now serves an important place in my heart since I've begun developing this mod. It's taught me a bit about game development, what makes good game design, and has given me some incredible friendships. With all the sincerity in my heart, I want to say thank you for helping make this game happen. You really did an outstanding job at making one of the funnest open world games that I can name!

Hopefully, you'll enjoy Donut Mod quite a bit and some of the other mods on our website! We highly recommend that you start on Normal in our mod though if this is your first time touching the game in a while. We also plan on releasing a difficulty re-balance sometime soon, which we hope will make the game a bit more accessible to a wider variety of audiences.

Again, welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy what we have to offer!

- Kenny Giles
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hello Noviwan, welcome to the forums!
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'll answer questions as best I can, just remember it was 15 years ago ... some details are a bit hazy!

>>Hats off to whoever designed Alien "Auto"topsy Part III

I remember that was absolutely a team effort. Making a "boss mission" that ends with a bang in a driving game is very, very challenging. We worked on that mission a long time and many people contributed to the ideas. I think it was our physics programmer, for example, who came up with the idea and prototype of the "barrel carrying" game mechanic.
>>What does the .MFK file extension/ programming language even stand for?

You got me there, no idea, can't remember at all. "Mission something something" as Homer would say. Jake might want to email Cary B about that if they are still in contact. If I recall correctly Cary was the programmer of the mission system (as well as much else, game mechanics, camera - he is a tech wizard). As a designer of course I did use it a lot; we spent a lot of our days devising, scripting, and iterating on various missions.