Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Hello from a Hit & Run designer

This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.
>>Also is it true that um level 7 was planned to be all levels togheter?

I don't think so, the game does not have "city-loading DVD streaming tech" like GTA so that would not have been practical. Early on there was talk of a streaming system to allow players to drive from one level to another without a loading screen, but it would have meant a long boring drive in a tunnel or something so it wasn't worth it.

We actually did streaming tech like this for Road Rage but got burned by it when Matt Groening asked us to change from "toon rendering" to "more textured 3D" very late in development. This required texturing the whole world, which in turn broke the streaming system very close to the date we just had to ship (i.e., to hit Christmas ship ... which means being in stores by Black Friday). That game for most of development had one vast, streaming world you could drive all the way around. Because of the streaming problems we had no choice but to break the world into a number of smaller levels.
>>Hmm....Question.....How about L3 M2? "Clueless" Has 3 unused Chases, why did you not completed mission?(I mean "Finish Milhouse locations" etc.)

Hmm, can't remember that. I'm guessing they were just earlier iterations on the mission that got dropped. We iterated on missions a lot.
@Noviwan
Welcome to the forums! Its an honour to have someone that was involved with the game to be here. Simpsons Hit & Run is my all time favourite game and I played it everyday through my childhood so i want to thank you for being a part of the masterpiece! I still play it btw I speedrun it (I actually have a few WRs up my sleeve) and I make occassional mods too. I am actually a part of Donut Team Studios (Im just not developer status no one ever bothered to change it lol) May i ask a question or two? If you dont know thats fine!

1. Was it true that an Audi car was meant to be the car used in the last mission of the game and it was taken out due to copyright negotiations breaking down? The audi tt can be found in the game files and is undrivable even when put in the game unless its tweaked like my friends were able to do. Homer says "Where did you get that sweet ride" and Grampa says "I bought it with my social security" But its just the WW2 car with a rocket at the back which makes no sense which suggests it was a last second replacement to a different car.

2. Do you know about any more BETA movies like this one? www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTqUjQ3hV1I That has entriguyed me and creeped me out for quite a while

3. Lastly do you know if a BETA version of the game exists? Its been a dream of mine for a long while to get my hands on one.

I am legitimately excited right now. Thanks for your time!

- Kyle (a.k.a RobotCrocodilz)
Thanks for answering i got few more questions. Was Legs supposed to be in the game there is still his 10 voicelines leftover. And whats that recording machine? there is only leftover dialogue from that thing.
It is really cool for a developer of SHAR to have joined up to this website. I must say it is a pleasure to meet a developer of the game.
The recording machine I'm not sure. Legs was in at one point, but I honestly can't remember why that got cut. Probably something Gracie Film or Mr. Groening didn't like. (We created the content for the game, the writing, but Mr. Groening and Gracie reviewed and approved everything, as they do with all Simpsons products.)
>>2. Do you know about any more BETA movies like this one? www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTqUjQ3hV1I That has entriguyed me and creeped me out for quite a while

Sorry can you be clearer what you mean by "BETA movie"?
Thanks for the answers again man. But i still have more well what about the leftover music for example organ_music was that intended for level 7? why did it got cut for? you can find few more leftover music in the game? Also there were some diffrent colored cell cars? why did they got removed? Or instead of showing what-to-do images when starting levels you get a picture instead. What about the pricetag? was that instead of "item name 175coins".
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
May I have another Question? Will you try User mods like "Some Challenge mod", "Chase sedan Paradise", etc?
"Sorry can you be clearer what you mean by "BETA movie"?"

I think he's talking about how during the pre-release of the game, the cutscene that plays for Flowers By Irene is quite different than the released one. Homer looks different, it's extended, and has different background music.

Pre-Release: