Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Some Challenge Mod

This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.
ಠ_ಠ
(I originally had to add pointless spaces just to post this because of the limit. Hopefully, this text here makes up for it with no consequences.)
Edit: So, with my 100% file, I decide to load up level 4 after m3, and lone behold, all of those missions work too. Just l4m3. level 5 is borked, level 6 has like 5 weird missions that slowly convert into vanilla missions, and level 7 has vanilla missions.

...or does it?

To somebot: Chris was the one who got me hooked (and i heard of chris being able to access level 4 through kyle).. Blame them, I just "playtested" the missions.. :3
So, I just finished playing all of the main challenges, so I'll give you some of my thoughts:

First of all: Wow. This mod does amazing things, such as getting me to actually USE the Duff Truck (True story, I used it for Donut Hell), and want to collect the collectors cards, or fun fact cards as they are now. I collected all of the fun fact cards except for the one in the Stonecutter's tunnel, because I actually found them interesting, and like someone else said, give insight into the game's design. Oh, and by the way, I loved the card above the fire truck, the location is very clever! Another thing is the mega hit and run. When I saw that for the first time on your channel, my thoughts were that you were simply having fun with this, and testing stuff out. Lo and behold, in the released version, there was Mega H&R. I was pretty surprised, thinking that they would be impossible to avoid, but because of their crappy strength, they're always exploding. tl;dr Mega H&R is an awesome twist on normal hit and run.

Now, about the actual challenges. They were... challenging. They weren't insane (I was playing on Normal mode), but weren't a piece of cake. This balance made each challenge fun to play. I don't have much to say about the individual challenges. During Waste of Time, I was yelling at the A.I. to make up it's mind (Yes, I'm aware it's on a route). STOP TURNING AROUND DANGIT. Smitherin' Succotash was probably my least favorite mission, since it's 5 minutes of ramming into Smither's car.

The new races are cool. I've never seen anything like A.I Racing Simulator, which took me a lot of tries to beat (Stop switching lanes Apu ><). Then, there's All-Terrain Victory, which made me rage at the quad. Seriously, if you hit a fire hydrant, you'll be spinning out of control while your opponents race towards the finish.

Now, the only two missions I have yet to beat: Ultimate Challenge 1, and Bloody Help. First, Bloody Help. I have developed so many strategies for completing this, only to lose by one item! At that point, I decided to update the mod to see if it got any easier. Then, crap happened, but I'll get to that later. The Ultimate Challenge is NOT easy. you are in the Electaurus, which has the strength of a bike, while three savages are trying to smash your car and grind you into Krusty-Os. Seriously, these guys DO NOT hold back. And, during all of that, you will be wishing that bart would drive faster so you can get that wrench before your car explodes.

Finally, the music. ITS AWSOME!!!!!!!!
The road rage sounds are neat, the casual overworld theme (when you aren't doing a mission) is badass, and I appreciated the nod to The Simpson's Game's last level, heaven. Did anyone else recognize that reference? I have no complaints about the music that plays during the missions. The one thing that was weird was the fact that some of the dialogue was sped up. What's up with that?

So, earlier, I said that something happened after I downloaded the new version. I found that I had no saves...
On top of that, The mod refuses to quit, through windows or the game itself. You can't move the window once it stops responding, so if it's enlarged to your whole screen, you're pretty much screwed, and have to restart your PC.

Overall, I had a great time with this mod. I would give it an 8 out of 10. It was a lot of fun, and I'm definitely looking forward to more installments.
If you can't find your saves, they may be in a new folder in the following (assuming you're on windows 7, but i think it's more or less the same for other Windows versions?)

C:/Yourname/Documents/My Games/Lucas' Simpsons Hit and Run Mod Launcher/Saved Games. If there's two different "somechallengemod" folders here, then one of them has your saves. If it doesn't, then I dunno.

Anyway, I might record and upload a playthrough of this mod, but as I posted on my Donut Mod playthrough, Youtube is getting stuck at the processing stage at random %'s. I'll leave another post/edit this post if I do upload footage of the mod.
Thanks, that worked!

For future reference, what I did was save the game in 1.1.2, go to the path, and put the Save1 that was in SomeChallengeMod in SomeChallengeMod1.1.2.
D'OH! Looks like I forgot to rename the folder after I was done finalizing that version. >.<
Can you please make ultimate challenge 1 possible... I've given it yet another 50+ tries since I started recording footage for the mod, still can't get anywhere close to beating it. The stats of the cars are impossible to counter - their speed/acceleration along with the mass one shots my car if I just let it hit me. Even when an enemy barely taps the back of my car, I'm smoking light grey, and another hit, I'm done for. I guarantee there is no way to protect yourself from being hit more than once. The AI is impossible to out predict because it is practically an auto aim missile that can't miss at most areas in the mission. If you hide behind bart's car like the mission tip says, you will just get rammed by one of the cars - they circle you endlessly, no matter where you go, there's always one right behind you, one coming at you, and one from a side, or something like that.

In comparison of all the other missions, they are like L1M0 of the original game, while this is trying to beat L1M0 with a 7 second timer to get to the kwik e mart.

Until I see video of this being beaten, I don't think it's possible. Even if it is possible, I don't want to play it because I'm not having fun playing this mission. That is the point of entertainment, I believe, to have fun.
Please keep in mind that I called that an "Ultimate Challenge" for a good reason. Just remember, the reward for beating it isn't worth it.
My point is, I can't upload something I can't beat. Well, I can, but it would just be 5-10 minutes of me failing the same mission. I wouldn't say I'm a 1337 |-|ax0r skill level player, but I still don't think it's actually possible. The cars need their speed decreased or something, because there's just no way to avoid the cars, at all. There's a difference between "ultimate challenge" and Mario Party 1-2 Skateboard Scamper "ultimate challenge"
Hey, I had to suffer the exact same problem with Donut Mod for Levels 1 and 2 when I first played it, but I managed to stick with the all the 6 GB footage I captured, rid all of the fail footage when I was making the video, and not get impatiently stressed over the high difficulty. I repeat, I called that an "Ultimate Challenge" for a good reason. It's not supposed to be easy. Don't expect an "Ultimate Challenge" to be a walk in the park.