Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Some Challenge Mod

This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.
so @TheKoopaKingdom was apparently wondering about the sped up dialogue in places, specifically the exchange between homer and cletus when you start the challenge of purgatory (the ultimate challenge).
well after slowing it down, lowering the pitch and reversing it, what comes out are two audio clips of some guy scowling his friend 'brian' and how much of a jerk he's been. i don't know where the source is from, but my guesses it's from a comedy show due to the ridiculousness of it all.
my guesses is that SomeBot/PotatoQuality/TerribleQuality did this because pre-bonus missions are hard-coded and therefore you can't remove cletus and the following conversation.

EDIT: ho boy, do i have a lot to say about this mod. although i won't go too much into deatil, one thing i'm confused about are collector cards #2 and #5. the game (or SomeBot, in this case) scolds you on the fact that you cheated to get card #5, but NOT on collector card #2, even though that's way harder to get. so are you telling me that there's a way to get card #2 legitimatley without the horn jump cheat?

PS. (sorry to be a j********, but SomeBot, have you actually been able to beat the ultimate challenge yourself? :D)
I got all the cards legitimately, which kinda bugs me that it says it's impossible. Not gonna say how, but... :)

prntscr.com/8t41m5 - What is this, exactly?
@Kenny Giles, please note that I did not say that Ultimate Challenge 1 was being nerfed, just changed. To be honest, I can't even tell whether or not the newer version is harder or not since I haven't done that challenge in a while (mainly because I test my challenges on my 100 file, which shows I had already beaten it).

@DerpyDosh, I'll explain the high-pitched dialogue in a Fun Fact card... maybe. And yes, I have beaten that challenge twice, but I can't remember how many attempts it took, but it definitely took a lot of tries.

@Gibstack, I guess you're the first one to discover that easter egg... I was really checking how the A.I works, and I was hoping that I get to alter the A.I's pathfinding system to see if I could make it take better paths (only to find out later on that the pathfinding checkpoints aren't editable).
Somehow, this thread got buried with the other threads...

Anyway, I hate to say this, but after releasing V2.0.0, I will be taking a huge break from building Level 3 to do something a bit more... uh... important in life. This doesn't mean I will stop working on the mod, but I just won't be working on it unless I receive a complaint regarding a bug/flaw. Please put aside your hype for Level 3 and enjoy Level 2 once it's out. I don't know how many times I've already said this, but I'm still very VERY close to releasing Level 2, but I'm still having lots of trouble trying to fix that motherf****** eternal freeze bug after exiting the program (in fact, I think it got worse...).
No worries, @SomeBot. Take your time. Nobody is rushing you! Life can get in the way sometimes and it's completely understandable.

As for the freezing bug, that's related to corruption inside of the game. Corruption can happen if there's way too much junk in one sector (a fairly small area), too many locators or locator 2 matrix's are within the same sector, or if locator names are simply way too long. If you can, try taking a look at the average length of a Radical locator name, and try to shorten your locator names to something closer to that. It's a pain, but I should add that we ran into the freezing issue this way. It wasn't until after the initial release of Donut Mod 3 I believe that we found out this was causing some freezing for us, so I would highly recommend taking a look at any locator names which may seem a little too long.
I FINALLY FIXED THE ETERNAL FREEZE BUG! YOU STILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR V2.0.0 THOUGH.

I had to change the method of loading the challenges' P3D files from...

LoadP3DFile(GetModPath().."/Resources/missions/level1/m#/m#locators.p3d")

back to...

LoadP3DFile("art/missions/level01/m#.p3d")

Not sure why this was the problem, because I don't think I experienced this in V1.0.1 and earlier.
Please don't throw a J********. I've already stated several times that it's coming soon!
Patience is a virtue, unless you're J********: i.imgur.com/BUX08Sj.png
Please stop advertising your mod here, @G11TCH.

Please don't make me warn you again about this situation. This mod has nothing to do with yours and should be kept within separate threads. There's simply no need to advertise yours when it's clearly visible and on the first page of the forum.

If you really want people to download your mod, I'd highly recommend showcasing it in a video, lowering the file size (simply put, it's way too big for anybody to deal with), and taking some of Jake's suggestions on your thread.
This post has been removed.
8 yrs ago (Statistics)