Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Welcome to Donut Team, introduce yourself!

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I'm Dimitar Kolarov
This post has been removed.
1 yr ago (Statistics)
Hello, I am DrFuff :)

I am a fighting game addict with a history of archiving MUGEN creations for the past 5 years (not a part of the website). These days I tend to focus more on building a career in IT so I've slowed down a bit on that. However, I still have a passion for games from the early 2000s too now and learning about technology in games fascinate me.

I found out about the SHAR modding scene a few years ago on an internet deep dive but I joined the Donut Team for 2 reasons. Firstly, I've been a fan of LiquidWifi for around 2 years so the Simpsons Hit and Run is always at the forefront of my mind. Secondly, I am interested in making a mod. I have an idea on what I'm going to make and it certainly seems possible with what else I've seen showcase. However, I'm not going to say anything because I have seen what has happened to so many half life mods that were announced years ago that were worked until suddenly they weren't. I could say that I am making a mod, look forward to it, but looking at some of my other projects that might be a "nah". Only time will tell.

Regardless of my devotion to my programming the tools are very impressive and the community positive. I'm officially a Mac user now but maybe I'll get around to trying out some mods for myself.

:)
Hello! I'm ToMaTeh, a new user in the SHAR community plus I've been playing the game for years when I was actively playing the PS2.
I come from the modder community of GTA: SA, a fact that is not relevant.
And to add, I like the character of Milhouse, I find him funny.
Hello! I'm Chris, a male person with autism from Pennsylvania. I had just recently heard about SHAR and decided to pick it up. I find the game to be quite enjoyable and fun.
Once I found out about Donut Team and the number of mods this game has, I decided to register an account (in fact, I just registered now!)
I am looking forward to interacting with the community and possibly making a mod of my own!
I have also modded some other games, mostly Source-engine games.
My favorite character in the Simpsons is Homer. He is hilarious.
Hello, I'm cheese and just recently got into playing moded Hit & Run and I thought I'd join the community
Henlo,I am oxide117,you can call me Matheus/Mat if you want a less weird name.
I am an avid car fan,and by extension a SHAR fan,I first played it when I was about 9-10 years old on a PS2,it was a fire game.
I first found out about DT in 2020 when I saw an analogy of SHAR where the guy mentioned you as being a modding community for the game,now I am here hoping to stick around for as long as I can.
This post has been removed.
11 mos ago (Statistics)
Hi im palolo.
i love donut team
Hello! I have had experience in modding games such as New Super Mario Bros. Wii, New Super Mario Bros. U, and various LEGO games, especially the classic ones. My experience with The Simpsons truly started when I first played LEGO Dimensions where The Simpsons was one of the universes represented. However, I never bought the level pack. However, very recently at work, we watched The Simpsons Movie at lunch since we were using a Disney+ account. I enjoyed it for the most part even though I admittedly didn't watch the whole thing. I mostly have movies as background noise. It's a good movie, aside from Homer being cruel to Bart at the beginning. I felt it was taking it a bit too far when Homer decided to claim that it was his son's idea for his skateboarding stunt. As for the show itself, I wasn't really interested at first but there were enough funny episodes for me to keep watching such as "Homer the Heretic". I still need to watch more episodes. In terms of other adult cartoons, I enjoy South Park and Happy Tree Friends way more.

As for The Simpsons: Hit & Run, I have only played the PC demo at the moment. The demo has "The Cola Caper", "S-M-R-T", and "Petty Theft Homer". I really liked the last one because of the stupidity of the situation of Homer stealing a bunch of stuff from Ned including things he doesn't even need. The dialogue in that mission is also gold such as when Homer decides to quickly return all of Ned's stuff before the cops find out he's talking to himself.

As for modding the game, I did launch the demo with the mod launcher which actually works. Once I have the full game, I feel that I can enjoy it a lot more. In terms of games similar to this, I have played LEGO City Undercover (both the original 2013 Wii U release and its enhanced port the Switch) which coincidentally had a mechanic where you destroyed cars to stop criminals. The mod that got me interested was Annoy Squidward which blew my mind since it looked like an entirely different game. I'm not sure if I am going to make mods myself. I did once make a mod for Mario Kart Wii which had I poorly rigged. My attempts at rigging are difficult, at least in Blender. I get the model of a character and then I have to separate all the loose parts. Then I have to copy the vertexes on each of the models and rig those. And while it may just be getting paranoid, when I try to pose the model, it moves weirdly, which makes me afraid I screwed something up. I have imported models into LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga but a rig isn't nessearry when modding parts onto a character.

As for my experience on Discord servers, I've been an active member on Evolution (NSMBU modding server), Super Mario Wiki (I am sometimes involved on the wiki but that's getting offtopic), Conker Discord (for the Conker wiki which I barely participate in and mostly go there for wiki advice, such as the one I'm doing for my wiki, but that's getting offtopic), Horizon (NSMBW modding server), the TTGames Modding Server, the MK Hacking & Modding Community server, Dafawulizer's server, and Skapokon's server. If I missed a server, it's because I haven't posted anything there in the last month. Of course, this may get outdated in the near future. I also have my own server with just three users for a wiki I am hosting. I have very little experience in actually moderating aside from deleting spam articles on wikis and banning the bots but I sadly gave up because it just got difficult. I do plan on continuing. The reason it's more difficult is that I am the only admin on my wiki and I don't feel comfortable giving people roles until I have enough users.

As for my strengths and weaknesses (which are likely to change every year from now), I am quite innovative. I like coming up with new things that nobody else has tried. For many TCS mods, I come up with characters that nobody has modded yet. I am also very communicative though I would probably describe myself as an introvert like most autistic people. I am also very optimistic and try to look on the bright side. I also have a bit of faith in myself, believing I can achieve a goal. Lastly, I always have an idea in my mind so I am determined to get stuff done so I can take a break.

For weaknesses, I don't like taking risks. It's hypocritical since I think I try new ideas, but when I try to do something beyond what beginners do, I get a little frustrated.

This took a lot longer to write and probably overdid this a little but I want people to get some context about me and hopefully understand my logic. I could go over a lot of other topics but this is just relating me to modding, The Simpsons, and Hit & Run, because I need to get some context here. I hope I have a great time on the forums and the Discord server.

Such a nice story of you!

And hello to everyone, I'm Max!

Learning about homepage design tips can help you effectively convey your brand identity and message. Ultimately, taking the time to read this article about homepage design tips empowers you with knowledge and insights to create a visually appealing, user-friendly, and engaging website.